daysails in June

Travel discussion for St. John
cwaver

daysails in June

Post by cwaver »

Anyone know what daysail operators are on island in June?
bevm

Post by bevm »

I think they are all around in June so you shouldn't have a problem. Here are a few links but I know everyone else has more:
http://www.bookitvi.com/daysails.htm
http://www.bookitvi.com/excursio.htm
John LMBZ06

Post by John LMBZ06 »

You will find plenty available in June. September is the month you need to wory about. If you did wait until you get to the island to book something, there is a booth by the Starfish market, a booth at mongoose junction or go to the dive shop at the Westin. The Westin has full and half day trips going to different locations.
djmom

Post by djmom »

I would be very wary of the booths. Maybe other people have had better experiences, but I have a friend who booked thru there and their trip operator did a no show and claimed mechanical problems. That after driving all the way from Coral Bay at the crack of dawn.

Then rebooked for the next day thru the same booth, and again, no show. There was a group of them just waiting with nothing.

I don't know exactly which booth or I would name it.
So maybe someone could post if they have had other experiences.

The Westin though is fine, we have booked there several times.
"Sponges grow in the ocean...I wonder how much deeper it would be if that didn't happen."
Fowst

Post by Fowst »

I know that Rick & Robin on Long Distance won't be there. We'll be there 13th-20th and wanted them to take us out, but to no avail. However, many of the boats stick around in June. It's more likely you'll find one you like who IS there than is not. Good luck!
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

I always have had good luck with the booth at mongoose
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Exit Zero

Post by Exit Zero »

I second the use of Connections !!- I think if an operator unfairly welched on Cid after she recommended them -- they should probably invest in ice skates, cause it will be a very cold day in STJ when she recommends them again.
cypressgirl

Post by cypressgirl »

waterguy wrote:I always have had good luck with the booth at mongoose
That is Trevor, and he is awesome. I have used him many times and he cares about matching the right boat with his customers. At least that's been my experience.
wonderlost

Post by wonderlost »

Breath will be sailing in june out of Coral Bay www.sailbreath.com
kcagator

Daysails

Post by kcagator »

We did a daysail with Simplicity last summer and it was wonderful. We had a great day with Charlie and Josh and plan to book with them again this summer :)
www.simplicitycharters.com