International US Postage Stamp

Travel discussion for St. John
el

International US Postage Stamp

Post by el »

I went to CVS to pick up my pictures from our trip to STJ which included the standard Trunk Bay overlook picture. I then walked across the street to the post office to buy a stamp for a letter to England. I looked at it as I left the p.o and started to laugh It is the very same picture, but the one the USPS used is better than mine. So if you need to get in the STJ mood, head to the nearest post office. Maybe this is common knowledge to those of you on the board and if so, I apologize for being redundant.
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Hi el - I bought a whole page of those stamps to frame them! :)
el

trunk bay stamps

Post by el »

Great idea! How do they look framed? Are they too tiny to look like much? I think I may do that too. E
California Girl

Well, I haven't actually framed them yet. But when I do, I'll post a picture. Nascarfan59 did the same thing, but I haven't seen it. Hey Mike! How'd they turn out?
BillVT

Post by BillVT »

If you check the USPS web site they sell the full page and the first day of issue cover envelope, canceled on the first day of issue. We gave the set to our daughter and son-in-law for their wedding anniversary. They were married on Trunk at sunset. It was a wedding I didn't mind paying for.
LMarie

Post by LMarie »

I framed one of these stamps in a beautiful dark brown wooden frame with a white mat (cut for stamps and small photos) that I picked up at a local craft store and it looks great!
LMarie
Teresa_Rae

Post by Teresa_Rae »

Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
- Mark Twain
nascarfan59

Post by nascarfan59 »

CAGirl - Your wish is my command. :D Make of it what you will. I'm not a very "crafty" person.

God is great, beer is good, people are crazy.
California Girl

Mike, that looks awesome floated on top of that handmade paper! Good job! :D

Last bumped by Anonymous on Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:50 am.