DELETED

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
jmq

Post by jmq »

13 of 16 (Arizona? Nobody has them) plus all Elite 8/FF picks alive. The DVR rules for compressed watching later on. Its been a fun tournament so far.

Side note on women’s bracket: plenty of upsets in first round already two #12s, an 11, two #10s, Tennessee lost. Went to see RU women play on Sat. when they beat VCU. It was an entertaining game, not a sellout because of spring break. They are home again tonite against #2 seed high scoring Auburn but I don’t think they can pull an upset – that’s a pretty far fall from preseason rank #2 in the country. RU plays good D but if you make them play half court, way too much one on one offense with sloppy off the ball screens, rare screen rolls, etc.
When we come to place where the sea and the sky collide
Throw me over the edge and let my spirit glide
kellyanna

Post by kellyanna »

13/16
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Post by Marcia (Mrs. Pete) »

14 out of 16, all elite 8 still alive. Final four picks: Kansas, Memphis, Pitt and Oklahoma. The big dance: Memphis, Oklahoma. Memphis winning.
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Missing St. John. As always.
augie

Post by augie »

13/16 - 7 of 8 left in Elite Eight.
Come see us!
pipanale

Post by pipanale »

I have anywhere from 10 - 12 left. I bought a little too much into the ACC. I blame the local papers for brainwashing me.

Huskies are looking good. Damn good. Really damn good.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
jmq

Post by jmq »

I'm worried about my Oklahoma F4 pick. Thats a real bad match up with that 2-3 Syracuse zone. If they get past them, I think they can beat NC.

If you like big time match ups of the Big Boys, then the rest of this tournament is for you. If you love the Cinderella story, then not so much.
pipanale

Post by pipanale »

jmq wrote:If you like big time match ups of the Big Boys, then the rest of this tournament is for you. If you love the Cinderella story, then not so much.
It's funny how sentiment is turning this year. The cinderella's are fun, but, in the end, aren't we all wailing about the way football handles things? We want the best teams competing for the title. With the exception of Arizona, we've gotten 15 of the 20 beat teams playing for all the marbles. Hard to argue that. Because, in the end, was St Mary's or Va Tech really gonna win the whole thing?

I'm reading up on Purdue.
jmq

Post by jmq »

pipanale wrote:
jmq wrote:If you like big time match ups of the Big Boys, then the rest of this tournament is for you. If you love the Cinderella story, then not so much.
It's funny how sentiment is turning this year. The cinderella's are fun, but, in the end, aren't we all wailing about the way football handles things? We want the best teams competing for the title. With the exception of Arizona, we've gotten 15 of the 20 beat teams playing for all the marbles. Hard to argue that. Because, in the end, was St Mary's or Va Tech really gonna win the whole thing?
Well the sportswriters and sports talk radio need something to whine about. While its fun to see one break out into the sweet 16, maybe even elite 8, having the best teams make it thru should make for better games.

Go figure - RU women crushed Auburn last night. They are now a scary 7 seed in the sweet 16, although barring a monumental upset, the unbeaten and untested UConn women are a lock for the title. Just hoping its not a dual title. If that happens, they’ll have to peal back the roof of the gym in Storrs to make more room for the already massive egos of Geno Auriemma and Jim Calhoun.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Schnell

Post by Schnell »

pipanale wrote:I'm reading up on Purdue.
Purdue is tough and this is the first time all year that they have been 100% healthy. Hummel is really a dangerous player now that his back is healthy....and Johnson, the way that boy blocks shots...watch out. I honestly see them going much further than people think....they are a good quality sleeper.

Now back to wiping my tears since my Illini beat them twice in ther regular season :cry:
soxfan22

Post by soxfan22 »

Elvis, has left the building.

Possibly the most overrated 2 seed in the history of the tournament, IMO.
July 2003 - Honeymoon at The Westin
July 2004 - Glenmar, Gifft Hill
July 2005 - Arco Iris, Fish Bay
December 2007 - Dreamcatcher, GCB
July 2008 - Ellison Villa, VGE
pipanale

Post by pipanale »

I don't know what gives me more of a tingle in my pants...UConn looking so good or Duke looking so bad.

I want 5 Big East teams in the Final 4!
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED