DELETED

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
pipanale

Post by pipanale »

I just have this fear of Memphis. If their D is as good as people say it is, UConn could have fits. What if it's a night when Thabeet can't throw the ball in the ocean, can AJ Price will them to victory against a good defensive team?

Of course...the prospect of Washington in the Sweet 16 AGAIN scares me.

I can remember both games against them vividly. In 2006, we were in Myrtle beach and I was pacing my hotel room. In 1998, I was lying in bed...wife asleep...when I woke her up by nearly jumping through the ceiling of our apartment.

They terrify me. I know it has no bearing on this team, but I'm a big believer in the tournament jumbies and, ever since we moved South, the program has hit the skids. My lucky chair got destroyed in our 2005 flood and it's been bad ever since.

I have rearranged the furniture in the family room in an attempt to bring better luck. If it doesn't work this year, I'm selling the house.

And...these are my needs:
If you can't give me an Elite 8, please lose today so I can relax.
I'll take an Elite 8 if my only other option is a loss in the FF.
If they get to Detroit, the must win it all. A FF loss is not something I can live with.

See to it please.
jmq

Post by jmq »

I still hate that CBS has the whole tournament instead of ESPN. I mean do even UConn fans here in the east wanna see them play a 16 seed when at the same time there is a 7/10 matchup between Maryland and California? And Binghamton 15/Duke 2 at 9:30 tonight instead of VCU 11/UCLA 6? Now, they’ve gotten better bailing out of blow outs and switching over to a more competitive game, so we’ll see if that trend continues. And least Billy Packer is gone.
When we come to place where the sea and the sky collide
Throw me over the edge and let my spirit glide
chicagoans

Post by chicagoans »

Michigan State (gotta have at least one Big Ten)
UConn
Pitt
North Carolina

With North Carolina going all the way!
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
jmq

Post by jmq »

Well conventional wisdom is that scoring comes and goes but good defense is more likely to show up every night.
That said, Sox did make some good points about who they built that winning streak against, and yeah, my Memphis pick in that bracket is more AGAINST the Big Ten teams and UConn than FOR Memphis.
PS the interactive bracket on the NYTimes website is pretty cool. Once filled out, it updates your results automatically, highlighting your wins and losses.
pipanale

Post by pipanale »

JMQ: Wanna hate me? Our local cable gives us all 4 CBS feeds.

At noon, I moved my laptop and office things into the family room. I grabbed a card table and a spare chair. I'm here, off to the side of the couch, watching the games. I am a total nerd and I love it.

These 4 days are the best 4 days of the whole year
Ann

Post by Ann »

pipanale wrote:These 4 days are the best 4 days of the whole year
I'm sure the NCAA loves to hear that!
jmq

Post by jmq »

pipanale wrote:JMQ: Wanna hate me? Our local cable gives us all 4 CBS feeds.
You lucky dog - no Direct TV package needed! I've exacted revenge by arranging for Billy Packer to come to your house so he can drone on endlessly about how the coaches in each game should be anointed for sainthood.
Actually, CBS didnt do too bad switching except for those times I was yelling at them to please give me some of the Memphis game when that game went well into the second half with Memphis still losing. That coulda blown up a lot of brackets.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Schnell

Post by Schnell »

The ejection just killed Clemson yesterday. Michigan got 6 or 8 points in a matter of a minute or so after that. Most of them on breakaway dunks. Not sure Michigan is any good, but it was Clemson that killed themselves and Michigan was just the recipient.

14/16 here....hope that streak continues today & beyond :wink:
jmq

Post by jmq »

SJfromNJ wrote:10/16 yeasterday, not very good. I did have W. Kent. Clemson was the biggest loss, I had them winning 3.
Ouch on Clemson busting up your bracket. I had 12 of 16 and kicking myself for going against UCLA and Washington and my own rule of thumb how the Pac 10 gets underrated in the tournament by us east coasters.
kellyanna

Post by kellyanna »

I have 2 brackets in a pool. Completed one for me and one for my husband (bless his heart) and his name is on it. I am clueless...but here it goes...

Mine

Kansas
Memphis
Villanova
Oklahoma

My husband's

Arizona (what was I thinking?)
Memphis
Xavier
Gonzaga
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
soxfan22

Post by soxfan22 »

It is VERY early, but Pitt really has their hands full with a game East Tennessee State team. I have Pitt winning the whole thing but I'd love to see this upset!
July 2003 - Honeymoon at The Westin
July 2004 - Glenmar, Gifft Hill
July 2005 - Arco Iris, Fish Bay
December 2007 - Dreamcatcher, GCB
July 2008 - Ellison Villa, VGE
Kentuckygirl

Post by Kentuckygirl »

Here are ours:
Hubby:
Louisville
Memphis
Pitt