For St John villa owners

Travel discussion for St. John
catmom4560

For St John villa owners

Post by catmom4560 »

Hello!
I am a new St John villa owner struggling with issues such as an economical way to ship things down, where to shop for things for the villa on St John or St Thomas, and other tasks that are mysteries for us as rookie owners. I do get a lot of great advice from this forum, but was wondering if any villa owners would be interested in forming an informal email group separate from this forum to ask each other advice, or just give tips on things you have learned, etc. Maybe this already exists and I am clueless. Anyway, if anyone is interested, please email me privately at Catmom4560@aol.com. Mary
Gromit

Post by Gromit »

No reason you couldn't post this kind of stuff on the "off Topic" forum.hre's also the "relocation forum" on this site under the "Forums Blogs and Feeds" Tab
*Another fine scatterbrained production
augie

Post by augie »

Hmmm...I might be willing to haul some stuff down...if only I had a place to stay...Hmmm

:wink:
Come see us!
bevm

Post by bevm »

I know Randy In Md. owns Reef Madness in Coral Bay and is on the forum occasionally. He also had a blog on the building process, etc. Why don't you PM him or Randy are you out there??????????
Randy in MD

Post by Randy in MD »

bevm - I've already corresponded with Mary. She's the proud owner of a very cool villa overlooking Fish Bay...
bevm

Post by bevm »

Mary, what's the name of your villa and will it be on the rental market? Congratulations! Randy, we'll be back on 4/23 for two weeks. Any chance you'll be there then?
Randy in MD

Post by Randy in MD »

Bev - Mary's villa is called "Far Niente". Here's the web site: http://www.vivacations.com/viewproperty ... tyID=32222

We'll be on-island from 4/4 - 4/11 so we'll just miss you...
bevm

Post by bevm »

Darn...I'd love to meet you! Save some rum for us please!! :wink:
Mary, your home is beautiful and I LOVE the name! It's perfect!
stjohnjulie

Post by stjohnjulie »

I've shopped online with JcPenny quite a bit. They ship most items here and their shipping rates are reasonable. www.jcp.com I've gotten linens, appliances, and even some furniture from them. Might want to check them out and see if anything there will work for you.
yellowbird

Post by yellowbird »

Catmom (Mary) Congratulations, your villa is lovely. We are considering buying or building on St John also - did you build this villa?

Randy, Reef Madness is gorgeous, tried to book it recently, but alas it was taken.
Rbaron721

Far Niente

Post by Rbaron721 »

Mary- You aren't related to the Far Niente vineyard owners are you?
Russ
catmom4560

Post by catmom4560 »

Hi everyone,
Thanks for the tips! To answer some of the questions, yes we are renting out Far Niente. Right now it is just listed with Viva. We plan to offer a "forumite discount" once we get our sea legs under us (we have not even stayed there yet ourselves, as we just closed, but we will know more after our own maiden voyage stayng in it in a week about.)We felt we could not promote it yet ourselves since we only saw it once for a half hour! So more to come. And no, unfortunately we are not related to the Far Niente wine folks, but I do DRINK wine. Close enough? Mary
Lulu76

Post by Lulu76 »

Mary,

I learned tons about building a villa and getting supplies to it from reading the Bongo Bongo blog. Probably more than I'll ever need to know, but you might find it to be very helpful.

I am not sure how to get to it directly, but if I'm not mistaken, I do believe there is a link from their other site, www.on-stjohn.com.

If I am wrong, I am sure someone here will correct me.
Pia

Post by Pia »

Congratulations on your purchase - you have a beautiful home :)

Pia
GidgetPicklebrain

Post by GidgetPicklebrain »

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. - Confucius