Los Cabos Pictures

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
California Girl

Los Cabos Pictures

Post by California Girl »

I finally got my pictures from my trip to Los Cabos in December edited and online!

You can see them here:
http://www.pbase.com/thegripps/los_cabos

I hope you enjoy them! :D
linne

Post by linne »

WOW what a place to stay. Looks so wonderful.
I remember something about a trip you were not so satisfied with. It cannot be this trip? Have I misunderstood you?

Linne
Pia

Post by Pia »

Beautiful :)

I believe that is the hotel I would like to stay at - does it only have a few rooms or am I thinking of somewhere else - how did you like it overall - looked fabulous :)

Pia
stjdeb

Post by stjdeb »

Beautiful shots, thank you.
Deb
Carolyn

Post by Carolyn »

Margot

Just when I thot I had come to the most beautiful shot so far yet another came along!

The walkway mosaics are beautiful, the grounds and architecture of the hotel are very cool, sunsets ahhh...rocks on the beach.

Thanks so much for posting....was a nice way for me to start my day!

Linne, I'm sure Margot will speak up soon but if I remember correctly it was Grand Cayman that she was less than impressed with. Looks like she made up for that trip w/ this one!
California Girl

Thanks for your nice words! :)

Linne, it was my recent trip to Puerto Vallarta that was so disappointing. I got some GREAT pictures there that will not coincide with my opinion of the place, though. I still need to get those edited.

Carolyn, I was sort of disappointed in Grand Cayman, but it's WAAY better than Puerto Vallarta, and I'd go back there... I won't be going back to PV.

Pia that is the BEST hotel... I loved it! It's a Sheraton and pretty big. They have the best service and the nicest staff in the world. I'd love to go back there again. :D
Carolyn

Post by Carolyn »

Opps, my bad!~sorry!

I am in real trouble to find out this hotel is a Sheraton. We have a ton of starwood points right now as we had to cancel a trip that we were going to take next week. I was going to lookup the hotel soon...now I can do it SOONER!

Thanks!
California Girl

Carolyn & Pia - One thing you should know about the Hacienda Del Mar is that it's out of town. It's about a 15 min. cab ride to Cabo San Lucas (south) and about a 20 min. ride to San Jose Del Cabo (north). The hotel has plenty to offer so you really don't need "instant access" to town. Hacienda Del Mar has wonderful restaurants, and I can't remember how may pools...about 5, I'd say, and an awesome spa.

You really can't go in the ocean there, though. It's pretty rough and has an undertow, but there IS snorkeling at various places (Lover's Beach at Land's End is one of them).

And YES, you can use your Starwood points! :D
Carolyn

Post by Carolyn »

Thanks Margo,

Many, many years ago we stayed at an oceanside resort in Acapulco and it was the same kind of deal...couldn't go into the ocean and it was a ride away from Acapulco. Good info to know. It is good to hear that there is snorkeling tho.

We are having a dreary day here and all that sunshine, blue skies, etc there makes it all so appealing. Right now I am dreaming but thats what I do sometimes!!!
sea-nile

Post by sea-nile »

Great pictures!
cypressgirl

Post by cypressgirl »

I had no idea Cabo was so beautiful. I heard of a hotel that I think Regis Philben spoke of a few months back and he was so impressed with it, but I can't remember the name. The water is so much bluer that I thought, but it does look rough. It looks like the company really did it up right for you all.
kellyanna

Post by kellyanna »

Great pictures! Zipping? You are daring!
theshopper3

Post by theshopper3 »

Awesome Picture 8)

Someday, I will make it to Cabo

The Shopper
loria

Post by loria »

i have to say again, that one picture of the water coming in on the beach--amazing--frame it. I would buy it!
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
cptnkirk

Post by cptnkirk »

Great pics CG :D