Inspections???

Travel discussion for St. John
ScottB

Inspections???

Post by ScottB »

Well, after reading the very interesting "Over/Under" thread, I got to wondering about a few of the comments.

Many folks have mentioned the less than desirable conditions of Skinny's restrooms (Not that you get any rest there :lol: ). Being that this is a US island. Isn't there any type of Board of Health inspections going on? You would think that anywhere they serve food should have to pass a certain standard. Can anyone shed a little light here?
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

That "don't flush for #1" rule is the only thing I don't like about the islands. It's logical and understandable, but I still dont' like it! Peeeeyouuuuu!!!
Ms.Montana

Post by Ms.Montana »

I wonder about that too. We saw utility workers in short sleeved shirts, no hard hats, music blaring while working. Didn't seem to have any safety standards as well.
sailorgirl

Post by sailorgirl »

California Girl wrote:That "don't flush for #1" rule is the only thing I don't like about the islands. It's logical and understandable, but I still dont' like it! Peeeeyouuuuu!!!
i didn't think that applied to public restrooms.... Yikes
Lulu76

Post by Lulu76 »

They must have health standards, because I remember when Rob was there and JJ's got closed down by the health department for failing its inspection.

As for Skinny's, it's true confessions time. If it's really gross in there, #2 or not, I flush. I figure if people flush EVERY time, that is really bad and they don't have a lot of water to spare. But if someone does it just to temper the stink every once in a while, what's that hurt?
djmom

Post by djmom »

just please tell me the staff has their own bathroom. please....
"Sponges grow in the ocean...I wonder how much deeper it would be if that didn't happen."
Chet

Post by Chet »

djmom wrote:just please tell me the staff has their own bathroom. please....
There's a small hand-painted sign in Skinny's bathroom:
"All Employees Must Wash Hands"
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

[/url]
Pia

Post by Pia »

djmom.......... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ............nope :)

Pia
djmom

Post by djmom »

OMG
"Sponges grow in the ocean...I wonder how much deeper it would be if that didn't happen."
Pianogrl

Post by Pianogrl »

Note to self: when going to Skinny's...don't forget hand sanitizer!!
djmom

Post by djmom »

no more medium burgers for me
Connie

Post by Connie »

I think most of the bathrooms I've been in on either STT or STJ were pretty disgusting.

Sometimes I think it would be easier and healthier if I just peed next to the car....not kidding.

Love when I'm in flip flops and they're sloshing around in water/pee/toilet paper and who knows what else.
"Paradise...it's a state of mine"
djmom

Post by djmom »

all the more reason to have an extra few beers at skinnys. you won't think about the cook using the facilities.

then again, if you drink more, you need to pee more....

Ok...NO water on the Salt Pond Hike. I will be sufficiently dehydrated to drink myself silly without peeing.
ClevelandDave

Post by ClevelandDave »

Re-hydrating on alcohol may get you a closer look at that floor than you want :lol:
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

1. In numerous trips to skinny's I don't think I have ever pee'd there.

2. Alcohol kills germs.