Big News

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
Joshie

Big News

Post by Joshie »

donkey-boy

Re: Big News

Post by donkey-boy »

Joshie wrote:And this headcount doesn't even include the bartenders and wait staff, the orchestra, the usual high-level government freeloaders, the pole dancers, mud wrestlers, or circus animals.
will there be donkeys?

~db~
Bug

Post by Bug »

The secret password around here is Meka Leka Hiney Ho. Oh crap, I guess it's not secret anymore :shock:

XOXO
Bug
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

How will the island ever accommodate all the cars that come with those keys? That must be why they're buildiing the new roundabout! :lol:
Pia

Post by Pia »

Joshie - you must be smokin' something :) :) :) the last count I heard as of 2pm today was 200 +/-

Pia
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Pia! He's pullin' your leg! (and the forum's!) :lol:
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

Pia wrote:Joshie - you must be smokin' something :) :) :) the last count I heard as of 2pm today was 200 +/-

Pia
A friend on island told me a few nights ago that around 200 people were expected although more tickets than that had been purchased by off island folks not planning on attneding.

I am tending to believe our sources, Pia.
Joshie seems to like to stir the pot, kind of like someone else we know :wink:
loria

Post by loria »

hell, i thought he was being funny! no pot stirring at all!
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
Pia

Post by Pia »

I think there are a few of us that get what you mean X :wink:
Lex

Post by Lex »

It's humor. Legs have been pulled without it even being noticed.

Mud wrestlers, circus animals. Car keys for everyone.

Joshie's previous posts have established him as a joker of an unusual sort.

Joshie--
Some folks depend on the little yellow faces to give them clues. I never use them myself and you certainly don't have to, either, but be prepared to be misinterpreted (my guess is that you could live with that).
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

loria wrote:hell, i thought he was being funny! no pot stirring at all!
Not stirring the pot on the subject but stirring the pot on the forum.

There are some forum members that believe that things are not what they seem when it comes to Joshie.
Pia

Post by Pia »

I don't mind people playing jokes and us all having a good laugh - it certainly makes a welcome change, but there are many lurkers and newbie's planning their first visit to St John that read the forum and believe what they read and look to us "old timers" for help, and when it is bad and/or incorrect information they won't know the difference :(

Pia
loria

Post by loria »

Xislandgirl wrote:
loria wrote:hell, i thought he was being funny! no pot stirring at all!
Not stirring the pot on the subject but stirring the pot on the forum.

There are some forum members that believe that things are not what they seem when it comes to Joshie.
gotcha.
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
pjayer

Post by pjayer »

I'll be the first to admit to a warped sense of humor. But I "heart" Joshie and am becoming very fond of DB. Now....back to lurkdom.

PS. I do wonder what newbies must think when they stumble across some of these threads. :).
When the end of the world comes, I want to be in Kentucky, because everything there happens 20 years after it happens anywhere else. – Mark Twain
Lex

Post by Lex »

I've kind of enjoyed Joshie and Donkey-boy's sudden appearance (in a weird sort of way). For me they showed up like strange (and perhaps demented ) court jesters at a time when this forum was getting pretty miserable to be around. But some rather cryptic comments have been made here that suggest that Joshie may have ulterior (or sinister?) motives. I haven't sensed that at all, but would appreciate being let in on what people suspect he's up to. What am I missing here?