Travel discussion for St. John
DELETED

P.W. Trash Report #7

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
mark & susan

PW #7

Post by mark & susan »

My wife just told me I am obsessed. Perhaps it's the looking every 3 hours for a new report from Jorge?

Or was it the repacking of the "food & fins luggage" this afternoon for our trip on 5 Feb? Or the looking for a prescription mask while out tonight...

Enjoying each and every report - agree that the fountain picture is a highlight so far.

Keep em' coming!
Pia

Post by Pia »

Hey Jorge - you must have been in Ruth's while I was waiting outside - how did we not meet ??????

I was there at 4:05, ran into Ruths for some Kiss of the Jumbie coffee, and rushed outside to meet my group coming off the 4pm Red Hook ferry, only to find out that they had missed it and would be on the 4:30 Red Hook so I stood there until it arrived at 4:50 !!!

Anyway, have a great dive tomorrow and see you tomorrow night , or Saturday night, or Sunday night :D just remember it's your vacation and it's great to have no plans and we are flexiable :D

Luv ya

Pia
tarheelgirl

Post by tarheelgirl »

Jorge, you was raised in Durham? So was I!!! Graduated Jordan class of '76 (but I didn't hang out with those Hope Valley losers)
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
nascarfan59

Post by nascarfan59 »

Love the reports and pictures. The words Nascar Driving about fried this old computer and the wife :D

God is great, beer is good, people are crazy.
NoTanLines

Post by NoTanLines »

Jorge,

Hi, this is Sweet Christine, RickG's girlfriend. I've been lurking for so long that he finally made me sign up on the forum and contribute to the conversation. I just love your PWTrash reports! Rick's lying in bed right now and I'm reading him the latest installment. We're already booked for the week of April 28th through May 5th. We'll just miss you guys by one week.
SRT

Post by SRT »

Jorge, I'm guessing you have a big smile on your face when you arrive in St. John for the same reason I do. If one starts from "zero money", it is very easy to be grateful when arriving in paradise.

I agree with you about meeting up with other forum travelers. Last fall we met two Foderites in St. Croix and next week we will meet two more in Vieques.

You mentioned your neighbors in one of your first posts. Do they read your daily adventures? If not, they are missing a real treat. We are in the same line of work as your neighbors, and I certainly wouldn't mind having you live next to me. They evidently don't see your good heart which comes thru loud and clear.

Thanks for taking the time to post. SRT
Mary L

Post by Mary L »

Oh No Jorge, you are in trouble now.

http://www.on-stjohn.com/
FlaGeorge

Post by FlaGeorge »

Oh Jorge – I don’t know if I should be angry with you (because I’m not there with you) or be glad that you all are having such a great time. It that a “right brain/left brain” thing – na, just pure 100% envy.

The pics are great – love the one of you at salt pond. You parking the car too close so that Paula could not get out gave me a great idea for our May trip. When Steph wants to go shopping – I’ll park her side close to the wall so she can’t get out. I can assure you that she can & will peel the top off the jeep (and it’s a hardtop too) in order to go shopping.

Keep the reports coming. I’m finally back at work (high speed connection) and I need to catch up on the other forum folks reports too.
FlaGeorge

"Swim Against The Current - Even a Dead Fish Can Go With The Flow"
b-as-u-r

Post by b-as-u-r »

Jorge: Like Paula and Sweet Christine, I, too have been an observer (aka lurker) on this forum for quite some time. My husband and I are as obsessed with St. John as everyone else on this forum is and I've greatly enjoyed everyone's invaluable information, comments and trip reports (thanks to all). Just to say, I think you have a real flair for writing and probably would have done well at one of those "Disney World" universities. Thanks for taking the time to post and like everyone else, I can't wait for your next report.
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

Keep the reports coming I'm getting so excited
ihochman

Post by ihochman »

Jorge,
You said you're staying at 2 Peter Bay in May but the picture
you showed was from that new "monastery" next door.]
When I stayed there in Feb 2 they were working diligently on the house.
Do you have any other pictures of that house and does it have a name yet so I can check it out? 2 Peter Bay is beautiful and if you haven't stayed there yet, believe me, you'll love it. I'm back in St John in 5 weeks from today --CAN'T WAIT!!!
sea-nile

Post by sea-nile »

Great reports and pictures! I do hope to meet some forum people in the future. We all share a common interest (obsession?). :D
Kentuckygirl

Post by Kentuckygirl »

I too am loving all of your reports and pictures! They are great!
When in May is it that you are all going to be back in STJ? We will be there the 16th-23rd.