DELETED

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
cypressgirl

Post by cypressgirl »

Joshie wrote:
cypressgirl wrote:And how do you know what my home looks like? You might be surprisingly impressed. :D
Indeed I might.

I'd swing by to check it out, but now I'm deathly afraid of being flipped off by your 16 year old daughter.

I just couldn't bear the rejection.

-j
She's just a little girl, so I think you might be able to take her.
soxfan22

Post by soxfan22 »

flip-flop wrote: So now I am ridulous. Nice. You really are spiraling down fast. And here I was trying to be nice and you go post a pic with Bush giving the bird to Obama. After reading Sox's words I think Bush would find that in very poor taste.
Again Flip...With the inference that you are the moral authority here. Speaking of horses, you should jump off yours once in awhile.

As for the pic of Bush, how is it any different than the Bush porta potty pic that was posted? All in good humor.

And how about that Palin approval rating? Do you put no stock in the fact that the people she serves overwhelmingly think she's doing a great job? What were Obama's approval ratings as chief executive of the state he ran...oops.
July 2003 - Honeymoon at The Westin
July 2004 - Glenmar, Gifft Hill
July 2005 - Arco Iris, Fish Bay
December 2007 - Dreamcatcher, GCB
July 2008 - Ellison Villa, VGE
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Joshie

Post by Joshie »

cypressgirl

Post by cypressgirl »

Anyone with a brain could see Bush bashing was a sport in the liberal media. Even my 16 year old daughter could see that. Hence, her reaction to the photo.
soxfan22

Post by soxfan22 »

cypressgirl wrote:Anyone with a brain could see Bush bashing was a sport in the liberal media. Even my 16 year old daughter could see that. Hence, her reaction to the photo.
You should take out the word liberal. All of the media is liberal, with few exceptions (Fox News, Wall Street Journal, few others). I've always found it hysterical that liberals always pull that crap about "you must watch Fox News"...Okay, so because there is ONE place on TV I can go to see a conservative POV, that is wrong? Liberals watch the liberal version of Fox news on every other outlet. There is no more objective media, as evidenced by the Helen Thomas video.
July 2003 - Honeymoon at The Westin
July 2004 - Glenmar, Gifft Hill
July 2005 - Arco Iris, Fish Bay
December 2007 - Dreamcatcher, GCB
July 2008 - Ellison Villa, VGE
XOXO

Post by XOXO »

In my office I keep my political views to myself. During the election a number of people told me they were voting for Obama. Because I honeslty couldn't understand why they would vote for Obama . . . I would ask. Guess what . . . their answers sucked. They did not do their homework. I can only assume they just turned on their tv's and listened to the liberal media. I believe the media and the slogan "change" are what got Obama elected.

I respect people who can talk about issues and policies and do their homework. But when no one, literally not one person in my office, answered the question talking about support for Obama's policy it SURE looks to me like the majority of Obama's support came from somewhere else other than his policy.

Not one person, who said they were voting for Obama in my office, said anything like about Gitmo, income re-distribution, or any of Obama's platforms. Nope, they said they wanted change. I promise you that they DID NOT know. Change. Well, now that is vague, so I had to find out what change meant to them. Guess what . . . it meant everything and nothing. The slogan change was a good one because people could define change in any way that was important to them.
  • Want lower gas prices? vote for change
    Want to lower your taxes? vote for change
    Want to end the war? vote for change
    never mind if the change you are looking for is part of Obama's policy
    never mind if Obama's record demonstrates ability to deliver on promises
    never mind if the change you want is actually part of McCain's policy . . . change wasn't McCain's slogan.
Take a look at Howard Stern: I am not kidding . . . the people he interviewed were a lot like the people I talked to in my office.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyvqhdllXgU

OHOHOH and before I forget . . . one guy, who was voting for Obama, said that he was voting for change and he thinks Palin is hot . . . ummm, Palin is McCain's running mate . . . oh, well, "I still think she is hot".

So, flip, while I am 100% sure you are not like the people I am talking about, I think you can admit that a lot of Obama's supporters had/have no idea what they are supporting.

And I feel I have to reiterate that I like Obama--I just don't believe in his policy. Frankly, I am nervous but hopeful.
XOXO

Post by XOXO »

Okay, so because there is ONE place on TV I can go to see a conservative POV, that is wrong?
Sox, here is one place I have to gently disagree with you. Fox news is fair and balanced. I think the reason people want to criticize Fox is because they aren't on the liberal train like all the rest. I wouldn't say FOX is conservative . . . they lean that way . . . but they aren't blatantly slanted like MSNBC.
cypressgirl

Post by cypressgirl »

GinaXOXO wrote:
Okay, so because there is ONE place on TV I can go to see a conservative POV, that is wrong?
Sox, here is one place I have to gently disagree with you. Fox news is fair and balanced. I think the reason people want to criticize Fox is because they aren't on the liberal train like all the rest. I wouldn't say FOX is conservative . . . they lean that way . . . but they aren't blatantly slanted like MSNBC.
yes, yes, yes........totally agree Gina. Because it's not Charlie Gibson, it seems conservative.
XOXO

Post by XOXO »

flip-flop: So now I am ridulous. Nice. You really are spiraling down fast.

Now, come on, flip I didn't call you ridiculous. I said:
GINA: Lets talk about ridiculous
Trust me, I am not going to call you names. I am just pointing out if approval rating is important now, while Obama's approval rating is good, then Palin's approval rating should be important also. Additionally, Obama's approval rating can be squandered; we don't know. Frankly, I don't find Obama's approval rating important, yet. You are right, we do need to give him a chance. But Obama hasn't done anything to earn that approval rating, yet, and he hasn't done anything for us to not be open-minded (Gitmo excluded because Obama said that all along).
Flip-Flop:
And here I was trying to be nice and you go post a pic with Bush giving the bird to Obama.
In fairness, that was aimed at that Oprah picture of Joshie's.
JT

Post by JT »

GinaXOXO wrote:
. I am just pointing out if approval rating is important now, while Obama's approval rating is good, then Palin's approval rating should be important also.
Oh come now. Why would you think that her approval ratings should be important to anyone outside of Alaska? Ms. Palin is in the national scope of things, for now, unimportant, a nobody, if you will, as nobody is going to be asking her advice on any policy issues regarding the running of this country for at least four years. From this moderate, independent thinking American's perspective,I hope she'll never be asked for her advice regarding national issues.
When you find yourself in a hole.... quit digging.
Joshie

Post by Joshie »

sailorgirl

Post by sailorgirl »

soxfan22 wrote: My favorite thing about Bush was that he never cared about winning re-election, or at least he didn't run his presidency as though he did. Polls were of no concern to him, which I actually admire.
Are you kidding me.. Reelction was all The Brain, Karl Rove lived for. That West Wing was no diferent from any other, in permament re election mode. How else would they be able to create the permanant Republican majority. Come on now Sox...
jmq

Post by jmq »

CHANGE GUD…MUST SUPORT OBAMA… CHANGE GUD…MUST SUPORT OBAMA… CHANGE GUD…MUST SUPORT OBAMA… CHANGE GUD…MUST SUPORT OBAMA…
When we come to place where the sea and the sky collide
Throw me over the edge and let my spirit glide
bayer40601

Post by bayer40601 »

Who knew Joshie was so far aheard of all of us?
Blago Says He Thought of Oprah for Senate

Illinois' beleaguered Gov. Rod Blagojevich said today that when he was deciding who would take President Obama's Senate seat he considered appointing talk show queen Oprah Winfrey.
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/US/story ... 220&page=1
WOW!![/quote]
How many more days?