DELETED

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
cypressgirl

Post by cypressgirl »

And how do you know what my home looks like? You might be surprisingly impressed. :D
Joshie

Post by Joshie »

Last edited by Joshie on Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Joshie

Post by Joshie »

Last edited by Joshie on Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

I love how supporting Bush at all costs no matter what is portrayed as patriotic, but support Obama and you are seen as a nonsensical, nonsubstantive, emotional nitwit who only voted for him because he has charisma.

It is ok with me if you don't agree with Obama or those who support him, but to discount the 68% of the citizens of this country who do on the basis that they are just non-thinking individuals mesmerized by his charm is beyond ridiculous.

But I guess if it helps you sleep at night that's cool with me.
Last edited by flip-flop on Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

SJfromNJ wrote:
I thought it was all about approval ratings? Maybe just weak democratic choice to run against him.
I'll give you that one ... Kerry was a disaster!
XOXO

Post by XOXO »

Joshie

Come on, that is VERY low, leave the kids out of it. Enough said.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
soxfan22

Post by soxfan22 »

Joshie wrote:
soxfan22 wrote:My favorite thing about Bush was that he never cared about winning re-election, or at least he didn't run his presidency as though he did.
I think he ran his presidency as though he didn't care about anything at all.

Bush never took the job seriously.

With the expected results.

-j
See Joshie, off the cuff goofy remarks like that really don't do anything to further the discussion. You see, I used to say things like that around here, but I am now reformed thanks to Flip Flop and of course Mr. B calling me a douchebag.

But seriously...Most people who worked with Bush (on both sides) had nothing but great things to say about his seriousness and professionalism. You may disagree with his policy, but to say he didn't take the job seriously is really nothing more than an indictment of you.

George Bush REVERED the presidency. It is the reason why he never went back at the liberal press who spent 8 years bringing the man down. He never thought that the office of the President of the United States should ever be allowed to sink to those levels.

Obama, with his comments about Rush Limbaugh in a HIGH LEVEL MEETING, could stand to learn a little "gravitas", to steal a line from Pete. :wink:
July 2003 - Honeymoon at The Westin
July 2004 - Glenmar, Gifft Hill
July 2005 - Arco Iris, Fish Bay
December 2007 - Dreamcatcher, GCB
July 2008 - Ellison Villa, VGE
XOXO

Post by XOXO »

flip-flop wrote: but to discount the 68% of the citizens of this country who do on the basis that they are just non-thinking individuals mesmerized by his charm is beyond ridiculous.
Right, President Bushes approval rating was over 90% after 9-11. That is higher than Obama's rating has EVER been yet you have no problem discounting that.

Governor Palin's approval rating was over 94% and is still high today. I bethca don't mind discounting that either.

Lets talk about ridiculous.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
soxfan22

Post by soxfan22 »

flip-flop wrote:
soxfan22 wrote:My favorite thing about Bush was that he never cared about winning re-election, or at least he didn't run his presidency as though he did.
Some would argue the war in Iraq was all about winning reelection. I am not saying it was or wasn't but there is certainly something to be said for the statistic regarding the number of presidents unseated while at war.
Right, except that we were also at war with Afghanistan. So that arguement that the war in Iraw was about reelection just doesn't hold water.
July 2003 - Honeymoon at The Westin
July 2004 - Glenmar, Gifft Hill
July 2005 - Arco Iris, Fish Bay
December 2007 - Dreamcatcher, GCB
July 2008 - Ellison Villa, VGE
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

GinaXOXO wrote:
flip-flop wrote: but to discount the 68% of the citizens of this country who do on the basis that they are just non-thinking individuals mesmerized by his charm is beyond ridiculous.
Right, President Bushes approval rating was over 90% after 9-11. That is higher than Obama's rating has EVER been yet you have no problem discounting that.

Governor Palin's approval rating was over 94% and is still high today. I bethca don't mind discounting that either.

Lets talk about ridiculous.
So now I am ridulous. Nice. You really are spiraling down fast. And here I was trying to be nice and you go post a pic with Bush giving the bird to Obama. After reading Sox's words I think Bush would find that in very poor taste.

And, for the record, I did not discount the Bush approval rating after 911 and talked about it in more than one post, in relation to how quickly it was squandered. At least give our guy some time ... let's see what happens.

I have TRIED really hard to be as polite as possible about GWB. For one, it serves no purpose to beat a dead horse and for another, he's gone now. Its looking backward, I am trying to look forward. Onto that bright rainbow where the unicorns are flying and the puppies are being handed out for free and my ATM withdrawls are limitless.
cypressgirl

Post by cypressgirl »

Joshie wrote:
cypressgirl wrote:Is that an invitation? :D
Are you referring to the photo of our ex-doofus-in-chief?

-j

ex-doofus-in-chief....does that make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside? Frankly, I think it shows your low class. I'd never insult my president in such a way. I wish Obama great success.

I was referring to the boat ride with Oprah. Let me know when, and I'll be there, since she walks among us and all. I'll even pay her way as a gesture of kindness.