DELETED

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
bevm

Post by bevm »

Did we ever find out what the Oprah photo was all about?? Fess up, Joshie!!
soxfan22

Post by soxfan22 »

Here's my favorite quote from the Obama Administration to date. If nothing else, the next four years will be HIGHLY entertaining:

Again, according to participants in the meeting, Obama said this about rising above typical partisan differences: "We're all political animals, we've all got political bases," the president is reported to have said. "If we don't get this done we (the Democrats) could lose seats and I could lose re-election. But we can't let people like Rush Limbaugh stall this. That's how things don't get done in this town."

Bringing the country together one selfish statement at a time.

My favorite thing about Bush was that he never cared about winning re-election, or at least he didn't run his presidency as though he did. Polls were of no concern to him, which I actually admire. We've already heard Obama dropping hints about re-election...With his earlier comments about "I don't know if we'll be able to get done all we need to get done in the first term...". Planting the seed like the great "politician" that he is.
July 2003 - Honeymoon at The Westin
July 2004 - Glenmar, Gifft Hill
July 2005 - Arco Iris, Fish Bay
December 2007 - Dreamcatcher, GCB
July 2008 - Ellison Villa, VGE
bevm

Post by bevm »

What else would you expect? Do you really think he wants to be a one-term president? I don't believe any one has taken that oath thinking they would only be there for four years, do you??
All that political B.S. aside what's up with OPRAH???????
cypressgirl

Post by cypressgirl »

All I've gleened is that she is a big part of Obama's success and she has something to do with the monster Peter Bay villa.

I doubt very seriously that Oprah walks too many places the rest of us go. I've never seen her.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
cypressgirl

Post by cypressgirl »

Too bad there isnt a Brush Clearing Hall of Fame.[/quote]

I have to admit, that is funny! I bet he's been clearing brush all weekend. There's a drought going on around here and I'm sure there's plenty of dead brush. :lol:
soxfan22

Post by soxfan22 »

SJfromNJ wrote:Sox - like Bev said reelection starts day 1 for all these guys, not just the O man. It is like hitting the mega lotto only it is tough work. Great medical ins. great pension plan. No SS tax, private jets and they spend money that isn't theirs. Imagine a 700 billion VISA card that someone else pays the tab.

That mycoxafloppin drug name is a winner! :lol:
I hear ya, but leveraging that in order to get a $1 TRILLION bailout passed? Just turns me off.
July 2003 - Honeymoon at The Westin
July 2004 - Glenmar, Gifft Hill
July 2005 - Arco Iris, Fish Bay
December 2007 - Dreamcatcher, GCB
July 2008 - Ellison Villa, VGE
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
XOXO

Post by XOXO »

Hey Obama and Oprah and liberal media!
Joshie

Post by Joshie »

flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

He does have sky high approval ratings right now (68% for his first three full days on the job). Like it or not that translates to political capital. He, and every president, realizes that the clock is ticking from day one. That's why the first 100 days matter so much. He would be politically moronic to not capitalize on his immense popularity.

If it frustrates you seeing him spend his political capital, imagine how frustrated the majority of the country who did not approve of the job President Bush was doing have felt for the last 8 years. At least Obama has a strong mandate.
cypressgirl

Post by cypressgirl »

My 16 year old daughter says if she were him, she would have done that a long time ago. Way to go Haley!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

soxfan22 wrote:My favorite thing about Bush was that he never cared about winning re-election, or at least he didn't run his presidency as though he did.
Some would argue the war in Iraq was all about winning reelection. I am not saying it was or wasn't but there is certainly something to be said for the statistic regarding the number of presidents unseated while at war.
Joshie

Post by Joshie »

cypressgirl

Post by cypressgirl »

Is that an invitation? :D