DELETED

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
bayer40601

Post by bayer40601 »

sox and SJ-Look all of these arguments were made by your party and your candidates, albeit ineffecitvely during the campaign. They were soundly rejected. You can continue to make them all you want, but they have already been declared DOA by the American voters. Maybe some other, less democratic country will listen to you and cave in, but not America.
How many more days?
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
bayer40601

Post by bayer40601 »

Oh aren't we humorous. Don't waste it on me, send it out to some of your better friends-Gov. Palin, Rush Limbaugh, Ann Coulter, Sean Hannity, Duke Cunningham, Larry Craig.
How many more days?
soxfan22

Post by soxfan22 »

bayer40601 wrote:SJ-You can be part of the problem or you can be part of the solution. I think we've figured out which you intend to be.

One final thought--you better get on the train now, because when it leaves the station, you're out in the cold.
What in the hell does THAT mean?

Kinda sounds like the "You're either with us or you're against" quote from Bush that you all got all cranked up over for 6 years...You know, the "cowboy diplomacy"?

Only difference is, you're saying to to your own countrymen!!!

Fall in line, or else!
July 2003 - Honeymoon at The Westin
July 2004 - Glenmar, Gifft Hill
July 2005 - Arco Iris, Fish Bay
December 2007 - Dreamcatcher, GCB
July 2008 - Ellison Villa, VGE
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
bayer40601

Post by bayer40601 »

It means just what it says--you can either continue to follow the stale, decrepit Republican party line and therefore continue to be part of the problem which we have experienced for the last 6 years or you can get on board the Train of Change and become part of the solution. It's your choice. I'd hate to see you be left behind.
How many more days?
bayer40601

Post by bayer40601 »

Mr. Olberman could open the window and yell his message out the window and more people would hear him then on cable.
That was rather random.
How many more days?
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Pete (Mr. Marcia)

Post by Pete (Mr. Marcia) »

SJfromNJ wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: You make me laugh Bill. I'll buy you some contraception just so your diluted gene pool won't reproduce!

Bill commented on a political issue, with which you disagree. You, in turn, resort to a personal attack...a not very original one at that.

Your signature line says, "Be Cool." How come you are so not?

Bill, we should leave this thread. It devolved into a right wing reach around and we should have known better than to have gotten in their way.
Wisconsin, smell the dairy air
soxfan22

Post by soxfan22 »

I think SJ is cool...I think you're cool too Pete, even after our dustup a few months ago...and man, I love a good reach around.

But when someone says we need to get on the train or be left behind...You see, when I listen to Obama's dream of bringing everyone together, I was naive to think that we would all get on the train together...and that train would be the 'local', with various stops at various ideological points along the way...but this 'O' Train is definitely the 'express', not the local, and we are heading for a financial derailment.

I think everyone on here is cool. Some are just more sensitive than others.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
loria

Post by loria »

soxfan22 wrote:Um, those weren't my thoughts...they were Nancy Pelosi's.
and i agree with Nancy, i wasn't agreeing with then end of your statement, which i thought was quite clear, but you seem to enjoy playing this role, so , so be it.
Birth control is actually a good thing--the availability of family planning is a good thing--it is far to late to go into a long winded discussion about the public health and health policy reasons for this.
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
soxfan22

Post by soxfan22 »

Yes Loria, please explain. Nancy tried to sneak that one in, but it didn't take her long to take it out!

A couple of quotes around the abortion/family planning issue that I will not soon forget:

1. "If one of my daughters makes a mistake and gets pregnant, I don't want her punished with a baby"...This from the man who announced on Inauguration Day that this is the "Age of Responsibility". Huh. Interesting.

2. "Contraception and Family Planning saves money...It reduces costs...It reduces costs..." - Nancy Pelosi

Maybe, Loria, you could also explain how Family Planning reduces costs? You did afterall say that you agree with that statement.
loria

Post by loria »

at its most basic, preventing pregnancy is cheaper than supporting or aborting unwanted/unplanned pregnancies. The actual provisions of this section are more nuanced though--regarding providing healthcare to low income women--i haven't read the piece in it's entirety, however.
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>