Beach Pics...i think it works!

Travel discussion for St. John
PSUWethr

Beach Pics...i think it works!

Post by PSUWethr »

Just wanted to see if I could actually post pics. Plus it is cold and snowy here in PA and I thought that I would add some sunshine to everyone's day. Here are three views of Gibney and me and my 9 week old at Maho. (Please disregard fat mommy! Being PA Dutch is not easy on the figure.) Enjoy!

PSUWethr

Post by PSUWethr »

Sorry they are so small. You can click on them to see them bigger. Just figured out how to post them larger....Oops!
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

After this weekend, you MUST be going nuts!

Great pictures.

Totally understand the PA Dutch thing, my mom used to force me to eat everything she put on my plate, even if that required sitting at the table until midnight. I still have the thighs to prove it.
psufan

Post by psufan »

Totally with you on the PA Dutch cuisine. What few green vegetables were served at my Mom's house were always served in butter, sometimes browned butter. Lots of fat(lard, not vegetable oil), lots of butter, lots of dough, lots of meat, lots of potatoes and always a dessert.

Thanks for the pics and thank goodness the worst of the cold weather has passed for now.
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Great pictures, and cuuuute baby! I'm "part" PA Dutch, so I feel your pain... but I was raised in California, so I didn't eat the same as most who are still in PA. Besides, I think you look fine for having a baby only 9 weeks before the picture was taken! :D
Rachelle & Joe

posted pics

Post by Rachelle & Joe »

Thanks for the pic's ! I'm still tring to figure it out !!!!!! no problem posting an album but single pic's ? still trying ! your pic's bring great memories love that Beach ! & congrats on your Baby ! & I agree with the others U looked great ! :)
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

psufan wrote:Totally with you on the PA Dutch cuisine. What few green vegetables were served at my Mom's house were always served in butter, sometimes browned butter. Lots of fat(lard, not vegetable oil), lots of butter, lots of dough, lots of meat, lots of potatoes and always a dessert.

Thanks for the pics and thank goodness the worst of the cold weather has passed for now.
You got real butter as a kid!?!?!

My cousin said she didn't know the difference between marigin and butter until she got married.

She thought the terms were interchangable and didn't know that there was something so delious as real butter made from real cream.

On really special occasions, the green beans at my house would be drowned in a melted cheese-like substance, generic Veelveta I suspect!
iowaguy

Post by iowaguy »

Cute pictures---nice first trip for Emma!

The diet in Iowa bears a strong resemblance to the PA Dutch. At our State Fair, one of the main attractions is sculptures of celebrities and politicians made from butter (we had a nice, larger-than-life "butter version" of Barack Obama this year), so that might give some insight into our local diet.
---Jim
psufan

Post by psufan »

Sorry PA Girl,

In our house the term butter applied to anything that looked like butter (stick form) and smelled like butter. It was margarine to be certain!

Wow, cheese-like substance. That would have been haute cuisine in our house but if we had ventured that far it most definitely would have been velveeta.
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Funny...my mom never bought Velveeta. Then I got a recipe a few years ago that called for it. I searched and searched in the refrigerated section of the market and couldn't find it. Finally I found it on the cracker aisle! I wonder what Velveeta is really made from if it doesn't required refrigeration? Eewwww! :lol:

Last bumped by Anonymous on Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:42 am.