First Windmill on St. John Rises on Bordeaux Mountain

Travel discussion for St. John
chicagoans

Post by chicagoans »

Our local middle school has a wind turbine. The energy generated goes back to the grid and the school gets a credit. Monitors in the science classrooms show how much energy is being captured.

I like that the design is different. You may not find it beautiful, buy IMHO it looks more like a sculpture than the typical multi-armed windmills like the ones pictured in previous posts.

So while beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I do believe that it is possible to make these windmills more visually appealing. I hope that we'll see more and more windmills that look more like art while also harnessing a natural energy source.

XOXO

Post by XOXO »

DaveS007 wrote:I liked it better when the Banned Brothers of the VIOL were allowed to speak their mind... ie. Jorge, Soxfan, SJNJ,and support all of us non'fluffies... well I may be the only one left.
Ironically, they were blamed for "stirring" up the forum. Yet, this thread is proof that when you point a finger at someone else, you have three pointing back at you.

What the banned brothers are guilty of, IMO, is being very good at arguing their position. I liked it better when they were here also. That is probably due, at least in part, to being open-minded to other's opinions as long as they have a basis, that is.