Prayers needed for my grandson Luke <3

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
lprof

Post by lprof »

Julie, my heart and prayers go out to Luke and all his family. The ups and downs while waiting are very hard; may his condition improve, the transplant soon come, and an uncomplicated recovery bring back the beautiful smiles. Thinking of you all!
... no longer a stranger to paradise
Coden

Post by Coden »

I send my best to little Luke. (((HUGS)))
Coden
chicagoans

Post by chicagoans »

Sending my thoughts and prayers too for Luke and your whole family. What a darling boy! I'm wishing him all the best.
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

Thinking about that cutie pie Luke and hoping he's feeling a bit better. What a trooper. Amazing how tough and resilient children can be isn't it?

Lots of love and good vibes coming his way!
P-600

Post by P-600 »

Since my last post Luke was admitted to PICU. The Pediatric Intensive Care Unit. He is SO sick. His surgeon asked UNOS for Status One meaning Luke would be the first person in our region for transplant if the blood type, size etc fit.. He requested that on Thursday at 10 am. We still haven't heard back from UNOS... Luke's nurses told her that Luke's dr always get's what he asks for I guess it is because he is so good. IDK.. Luke had a picc line installed and his other two iv's came out. He's had a blood transfusion because they put him on heparin to get rid of the Two blood clots close to his liver, but heparing thins your blood making you bleed. The varices he has are leaking and his losing blood fast. I'm here watching my grandaughter, keeping her occupied, trying to make her forget that her parent's and brother are not here. I really want to be there to support my daughter and help her through this.. But PICU is different and visitors are not allowed.
Just needing to vent.
I really just want him to get a new liver... The hemotologist "who happens to be Erica (my daughter's) Hemotologist during her JR year at high school told my daughter this morning as he looked out the window.. It is a rainy day today, let's hope someone get's on their motorcycle today and has an accident.... So morbid but honestly when I watch the news I wonder. WTH!

Julie
Live from St.John
Facebook Group
Coden

Post by Coden »

Sending many tight hugs your way, P-600. I know you want to be with your daughter, but you are where you are supposed to be. I'm sending prayers and good wishes to precious Luke.
Coden
P-600

Post by P-600 »

Thanks Coden! I think I am having a virtual mini/major meltdown before the world's eyes!

Julie
Live from St.John
Facebook Group
GotToGetAway

Post by GotToGetAway »

Can't imagine how you and your family are feeling. Sending thoughts and prayers your way.

Also, hoping people read this thread and understand how important organ donation is to saving others lives!
Tickerless :(
loria

Post by loria »

Julie--we are all pulling for this little guy--I really hope you get some good news very soon--my heart just breaks thinking about what he-- and all of you-- are going through--what a brave little boy.
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
P-600

Post by P-600 »

They have a liver for Luke!!! They are checking to make sure it perfect for him. My heart goes out to the donor family.

Julie
Live from St.John
Facebook Group
lprof

Post by lprof »

Caring thoughts and prayers with all...
... no longer a stranger to paradise
EagleRayLover

Post by EagleRayLover »

this is such wonderful news!! Hoping you guys get the liver quickly, and that the healing process can begin. ( if you guys want a contact family who has been thru this- one of my friend's has a 3 year old who is doing great and is a huge information source- just PM me if you want to get in contact with them.)
Leslie, Kids Night In Babysitting
loria

Post by loria »

I hope it's a perfect fit--keep us posted and we'll keep on praying.
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
GraysonDave

Post by GraysonDave »

Wonderful news for Luke!
toni

Post by toni »

great news on finding a liver