Does anyone want to go on a "diet" with me?

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
cypressgirl

Post by cypressgirl »

djmom wrote:WARNING WARNING WARNING

Please Please I am SOOOOO worried about you. DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT order that product posted earlier without reading the ENTIRE CONTENTS OF THE WEBSITE.......WARNING...

This is what is says:

"It Was Not Created For Those People Who Only Want To Lose A Few Measly Pounds. AcaiBurn was created to help you achieve the incredible body you have always wanted... USE WITH CAUTION!"

Please, please, please. I do not want any of you wasting away into nothingness, falling into sidewalk cracks, turning sideways and getting hit by cars. floating off of the side of mountains, the potential dangers of this product go on and on.....

DO NOT...I REPEAT...DO NOT order if you only want to lose only a few measly pounds!

Sincerely,

Susan
LMAO!!!! I watched that whole stupid infomercial at 3:00 am and I am sooooo ashamed to admit that I ordered my free 1 month supply. :oops: I figured what the hell. If you guys don't hear from me in a month, you'll know I withered away to nothing and disappeared. What's really going to happen is that the stuff is going to have so much caffine in it I'll be a nervous wreck and won't take it.

I know, I know..........stupid. I'll have to fight with my credit card company to stop those monthy paynents. I guess I should never make food or financial decisions at 3:00 in the morning.
Gromit

Post by Gromit »

Cypress-- I was sucked in by Proactive that way-- even though I really don't have acne problems.

From the infomercials I thought I would end up looking like one of those movie stars if I used it.

Funny how that didn't work out for me.... :lol:
*Another fine scatterbrained production
djmom

Post by djmom »

Yah,
Infomercials can be pretty effective.

We watched that freakin Snuggie commercial so many times my husband ordered them for our girls for Christmas.

It was sort of a joke, but they are actually AWESOME.

Just a word of warning though. Order in the summer for Christmas delivery. They didn't quite make it.
"Sponges grow in the ocean...I wonder how much deeper it would be if that didn't happen."
djmom

Post by djmom »

cypressgirl wrote:[LMAO!!!! I watched that whole stupid infomercial at 3:00 am and I am sooooo ashamed to admit that I ordered my free 1 month supply. :oops: I figured what the hell. If you guys don't hear from me in a month, you'll know I withered away to nothing and disappeared. What's really going to happen is that the stuff is going to have so much caffine in it I'll be a nervous wreck and won't take it.

I know, I know..........stupid. I'll have to fight with my credit card company to stop those monthy paynents. I guess I should never make food or financial decisions at 3:00 in the morning.
Just be sure to bring a rope and some sort of anchor along with you if you do the Reef Bay Hike. I would hate it for you to blow away to Africa.
"Sponges grow in the ocean...I wonder how much deeper it would be if that didn't happen."
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

Ok so fess up ladies. . . who owns the shamwow. That guy gives me the creeps!
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

My husband bought some sham wow's and they suck... but not like they're supposed to. They get most of the water, but leave a wet film that you can't get up unless you use a dry towel.

Products like these that are on infomercials have taught me to be wary of just about anything that's advertised that way. :roll:
canucknyc

Post by canucknyc »

flip-flop wrote:Ok so fess up ladies. . . who owns the shamwow. That guy gives me the creeps!
"You're gonna love my nuts."

:shock: (from his Slap Chop commercial)
Lulu76

Post by Lulu76 »

Of course, I first saw tae bo and Walk Away the Pounds on infomercials, and they are both great!

These days I prefer to indulge my late-night shopping urges with a little QVC. I just got a teapot right before Christmas. I was wanting one, and there I was flipping through the channels and voila!
djmom

Post by djmom »

California Girl wrote:My husband bought some sham wow's and they suck... but not like they're supposed to. They get most of the water, but leave a wet film that you can't get up unless you use a dry towel.

Products like these that are on infomercials have taught me to be wary of just about anything that's advertised that way. :roll:
But arent they from Germany? Isn't that why they are supposed to be good?

We can never find anything to buy my brother and his family for Christmas. We had decided next year we were going to get them all Snuggies, Shamwows and Mighty Putty.

Cause you know that EVERYONE has mugs lying around with missing and broken handles. Everyone can use some Mighty Putty.

I am really bummed to find out about the Sham Wows and their suckyness :cry: :cry: :cry:

Christmas is screwed once again.
Lulu76

Post by Lulu76 »

My brother bought those blanket things (huggies?) for Christmas for people, but I didn't get one. They kind of scare me, so that's OK.
Sunny

Post by Sunny »

I am with you guys too! I started my Diet in January to get ready for our May trip - i have lost 15 pounds so far - I would love to lost another 10 before we go!
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

You guys are cracking me up! Last fall John and I were stuck at home with a stomach bug so we just laid on the couch and watched Food Network all day (yeah, who watches FoodTV while suffering from a stomach bug? Um, me!). Over and over, we saw infomercials for the snuggie, the shamwow, and the slider station (have you seen this one? sooooo stupid!). The snuggie actually looked kind of comfy. AND, last St. John trip, on the ferry to the airport some guy whipped out a shamwow and cleaned the puddles of water off our ferry bench for us!

The only thing I own from TV is a double cd set of Neil Diamond's greatest hits. I bought it about 10 years ago, and I think alcohol might have been involved. :shock:
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
Lulu76

Post by Lulu76 »

I know alcohol was involved the time I bought "David Allan Coe's Greatest Hits" off itunes in the middle of the night. :shock:
Pete (Mr. Marcia)

Post by Pete (Mr. Marcia) »

I bought a 6 CD set of "Singers and Songwriters from the 70's." I know alcohol was involved because I was the most surprised one in the house when the set showed up in the mail.

Oh, and it really sucks.
Wisconsin, smell the dairy air
djmom

Post by djmom »

Friday goals are up!

I hope once we get going we can get some others to be the "posters" too....I don't want to be a preachy sounding coach. Cause it kindof sounds preachy.

But there are some goals that I thought would be good for tomorrow.

Susan