a signal to the world

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
toes in the sand

Post by toes in the sand »

Pete (Mr. Marcia) wrote:Oh, and the irony is that my stimulus check from Bush paid for my contribution to the Obama campaign. Thank you George.
That wasn't a check from Bush, that was from Janet and Harry.
"got a drink in my hand and my toes in the sand"
KatieH

Post by KatieH »

Lex wrote:I regularly donate money to several charitable organizations, but this year was the first time I ever gave money to a politician. I made a donation to Obama and it's probably the best investment I've ever made in my life.
Lex - Flossing your teeth every day is a great investment. :wink:
Lulu76

Post by Lulu76 »

I would like Hillary to run against Sarah P. That would rock.
linne

Post by linne »

I’m just returned from an interesting evening about investment, where we were told what has caused the financial crises.

It’s interesting to read the comments to my topic. Some of them are, as I have feared, very negative, which still make me a little sad.

Of course I don’t mean that people should vote for Obama, just because he is black. My favourite was actually Hillary. But I’m being more and more convinced that Obama is the best man.
I have read and seen some more fact about his background, where he has been, and what he has done, and even though I respect McCain, I feel Obama will be better to create peace in the world. AND at the same time I, as told, think that to choose Obama send a positive signal to the world about how a free country functions - opposite some other countries too example in the Middle East.

I know that I have said that some Americans seem to be arrogant. It cannot be something new for you that you can find people, who say so. For me, it’s such a pity that people around in the world aren’t more grateful to the Americans, but at the same time I in a way understand their feelings.
If they always are told that USA is the greatest and the most free and generous country in the world, that the Americans don’t need to care about what other people are thinking etc., you of course risk to hurt other peoples feelings, and you risk to create enemies, which is not what the world needs.
I know that most people in the world – the Middle East too - wish that Obama will be the next president, Why? Because he is a ” change” , and they hope for peace.

Me too!

Linne
soxfan22

Post by soxfan22 »

linne wrote:I know that most people in the world – the Middle East too - wish that Obama will be the next president, Why? Because he is a ” change” , and they hope for peace.

Me too!

Linne
Linne - that is not why people in the middle east root for Obama. They like him because they have no fear of retribution.

Plain and simple.
July 2003 - Honeymoon at The Westin
July 2004 - Glenmar, Gifft Hill
July 2005 - Arco Iris, Fish Bay
December 2007 - Dreamcatcher, GCB
July 2008 - Ellison Villa, VGE
sherban

Post by sherban »

I think the equation is simple (sorry for being such a damn engineer!)....

Obama=Hope for REAL change

I think we all know this.

Sure nobody knows if he can/will deliver...but he is the source of hope...

If ya can't admit this, then you are probably in denial!

Who-ever wins...I hope they make some real changes for the better...(my 401k is in the dumper!!). :roll:
sherban

Post by sherban »

Linne- This is interesting....

http://www.newsvine.com/_question/2008/ ... candidates

Peace.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
soxfan22

Post by soxfan22 »

SJfromNJ wrote:I think there will be dancing in the streets of the pro Muslim world when Obama gets elected.
I was about to write that on my post - but I'm trying to be the "kinder, gentler soxfan". I would still like to be able to bring my family to St. John without fear?!?!?

The question is - will Katie Couric and the like report it?
July 2003 - Honeymoon at The Westin
July 2004 - Glenmar, Gifft Hill
July 2005 - Arco Iris, Fish Bay
December 2007 - Dreamcatcher, GCB
July 2008 - Ellison Villa, VGE
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Terry

Post by Terry »

Isn't it more like Obama caught the punt return and ran down the entire length of the field for a touchdown?
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
hawksnestbay

Post by hawksnestbay »

Terry wrote:Isn't it more like Obama caught the punt return and ran down the entire length of the field for a touchdown?
That's a 15 electoral vote penalty for premature celebration!

And for whomever said the over under for electoral votes is 300 Obama, you must live in a Blue State. It is much closer than that, and Pennsyvania's Reagan Democrats will make the difference, up or down.

At least you will all have the popular vote to fall back on.

President of California, It has a certain ring to it.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Pete (Mr. Marcia)

Post by Pete (Mr. Marcia) »

Sox and SJ...you guys are fond of sports metaphors. Try this...let the scoreboard do the talking.
Wisconsin, smell the dairy air