Top ten restaurants you would suggest?

Travel discussion for St. John
stjchica

Re: Top ten restaurants you would suggest?

Post by stjchica »

Thanks PA Girl :D
~Pam~
"Barefoot in the snow white sand
A bag of sea shells in her hand
She finally found a paradise it seems..."
piscesgirl0314

Post by piscesgirl0314 »

I haven't seen anyone mention The Lime Inn or Cafe Roma. They're a favorite with our group.
Pia

Post by Pia »

100% The Terrace - beat ZoZo's hands down - fabulous food

Pia
Realtor - St John Properties
stjchica

Post by stjchica »

Thanks Pia! Can you tell me what sort of things were on the menu?
Also...How is the view there? Any water/sunset view?
~Pam~
"Barefoot in the snow white sand
A bag of sea shells in her hand
She finally found a paradise it seems..."
Teresa_Rae

Post by Teresa_Rae »

piscesgirl0314 wrote:I haven't seen anyone mention The Lime Inn or Cafe Roma. They're a favorite with our group.
I mentioned Cafe Roma, which is an outstanding restaurant. I can't have gluten and they are wonderful at accommodating me. Their vodka cream sauce is simply amazing! I get it over roasted vegetables instead of pasta.

As for Lime Inn, it used to be on our "must visit" list but the quality of the food has recently gone down, which is really disappointing because we love the owner Rich. Our trip this summer was the first time in 10 years that we didn't go to Lime Inn for dinner...though we did go for drinks, which are still outstanding (their Strawberry Shortcake is one of my favorite drinks of all time).
Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
- Mark Twain
kirk

Post by kirk »

I glad to see someone mention The Inn at Tamarind Court. the menu varies night to night . as of now, thur. is southwestern and fri. is prime rib and turkey. their crab stuffed grouper is to die for. all meals are $19 other than the 16oz prime rib @ $32. Also great breakfasts 7 days a week. For more info. call 304-776-6378 after 12:00.
LindaLa

Post by LindaLa »

I am surprised no one mentioned Asolare. We love that restaurant. The views and the ambiance are lovely. I dream of their moonbow martinis!
conchman

Post by conchman »

Just got back form STJ last night from a 10 day trip. I heard about the ribs at Driftwood Dave's. If you like ribs, you will not be disappointed, I think the term my grandaughter used was, "we ate like a pack of wolves" !! (altough my wife had some pasta thingy with oil, spinach and roasted veggies) Had a good meal at Shipwreck, High Tide, Tourist Trap...etc. However, about Skinny's, I felt it had slippped some and from speaking with some local's they shared the same view.
http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

"If I had trouble the warranty said, Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On"
Pia

Post by Pia »

Driftwood Daves is great for ribs :) I didn't know Shipwreck was open yet (not due until November 5th) - are you sure you ate there or had you drank 1 too many painkillers :) Good to know they have reopened early.

Pia
Realtor - St John Properties
conchman

Post by conchman »

woops, likely more jet lag than pain-killer. Shipwreck was closed, although it looks like they are getting things ready to open. I meant to say Aqua-Bistro (not sure how many times I mix these two up) Good catch Pia, keep me on my sand covered toes.
http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

"If I had trouble the warranty said, Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On"
Caw954s

Post by Caw954s »

conchman wrote:Just got back form STJ last night from a 10 day trip. I heard about the ribs at Driftwood Dave's. If you like ribs, you will not be disappointed, I think the term my grandaughter used was, "we ate like a pack of wolves" !! (altough my wife had some pasta thingy with oil, spinach and roasted veggies) Had a good meal at Shipwreck, High Tide, Tourist Trap...etc. However, about Skinny's, I felt it had slippped some and from speaking with some local's they shared the same view.
Thanks conchman, I love ribs! Pia mentioned that we should have lunch at skinny's not dinner...so we'll heed that advice and yours too..aqua bistro here we come!

BreakawayBarb

Post by BreakawayBarb »

We alternate dinners at our villa and out when we are in STJ. Everyone so far has suggested some of the same spots we love, but in case you need reinforcing, here are our top restaurants -
- Zozos (great food, great drinks, great sunset view from bar)
- La Tapa
- Aqua Bistro
- Asolare ( our wedding dinner 15 years ago was here, so we will always have a special place in our heart for this restaurant, and the food is outstanding...a little more high end than the others)

We will be back on the island next month, and are looking forward to The Terrace, as Stone Terrace was very special.