prayers needed for a forum member

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
augie

Post by augie »

chicagoans wrote:
NEVER GIVE UP -- NEVER SURRENDER!
That's half of the battle - we're all here to help you with some of the rest...
Come see us!
Lovermont

Post by Lovermont »

chicagoans wrote:The word "cancer" is horrible, and yesterday we heard words like "rare" and "complex." But we also heard "curable" (and I will ignore the word "potentially" that went in front of that) so I am hanging my hat on that. We are ready to fight a good fight.

NEVER GIVE UP -- NEVER SURRENDER!
I remember so fondly your trip report from your recent-ish STJ trip. My thoughts are with you. Positivity!

Lovermont
VaGirl

Post by VaGirl »

Prayer is a strong thing - plenty of those and positive thoughts coming to you from Virginia.
Maggy

Post by Maggy »

Positive thoughts coming from Sweden also.
jayseadee

Post by jayseadee »

Good vibrations coming from New England.
janet
nascarfan59

Post by nascarfan59 »

Sending thoughts and prayers your way from fellow Illinoisans.

God is great, beer is good, people are crazy.
JT

Post by JT »

Pulling for you all in MD,too.
Last edited by JT on Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When you find yourself in a hole.... quit digging.
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

Prayers going out from our household for you, your family, and your medical team!
chicagoans

Post by chicagoans »

Thank you again for all the prayers! DH is so grateful, as am I.

A friend just sent me a link to a site called Crazy Sexy Cancer and some YouTube vids of this gal. Inspirational!

Part of my personal campaign will be exploring and undertaking a much more healthy diet. Being a "fruit and veggie" mom, we eat fairly healthfully (for Americans), but I know we can do better. Much better. DH and the kiddos might not like this part much, but too bad - I'll be buying the groceries!
XOXO

Post by XOXO »

chicagoans wrote:Part of my personal campaign will be exploring and undertaking a much more healthy diet. Much better. DH and the kiddos might not like this part much, but too bad - I'll be buying the groceries!
Right on chicagoans! I really believe you are making a good decision. Please keep us posted. I am interested in this also so if you find a good reference I would like to take a look. I have been trying to cut out all processed foods. It isn't easy but it is so worth it. You can do it.

An inspirational story: a business friend was diagnosed with cancer and he was told that he had a really poor chance of conquering it. He looked healthy, was young, with a baby and toddler. He was on my mind and the updates weren't positive. Then I lost track of him until this winter. He is in remission and doing very well. He totally changed the way he eats. I don't remember the details but I do know that he doesn't eat sugar in any form. I would assume that he doesn't eat processed foods but I don't remember him specifically saying that. About a week later I was listening in on a conversation of another cancer survivor and she said that sugar feeds cancer. Ever since then I have thought there is something to this.

I gave up processed foods about two months ago. I did really good in Kauai until the last two days (especially the travel day/airport). Each and every one of those days I had a migraine (including today). The months prior I quit taking excedrin migraine but still took singular. I was hoping to give up the singular soon but probably set myself back a little with eating junk for a few days.

Twice in the two months I had 3 bites of a brat and later didn't feel good-I have heard some people have bad reactions to MSG. Maybe that is it? Maybe it is all processed foods?? I don't know but I really think you are on to something Chicagoans.

I am back on track now. I really didn't find a book that really helped me as much as I would like. There is a new Atkins book that I like but it does lend itself to some processed foods. I have ignored a lot of the recipes with processed foods. And I have lost about 30 pounds!! The name of the book is : New Atkins for a New You: The Ultimate Diet for Shedding Weight and Feeling Great course being healthy is the MOST important but I have to admit that getting some weight off is making me VERY happy!

Gina
Berlingirl

Post by Berlingirl »

Very sorry to hear...in my prayers too.
Hoping for a USVI ticker in 2013!
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

chicagoans wrote: NEVER GIVE UP -- NEVER SURRENDER!
A favorite quote from a favorite movie, and extremely apropos! Sending you good vibes once again! 8)
designbyroe

Post by designbyroe »

California Girl wrote:
chicagoans wrote: NEVER GIVE UP -- NEVER SURRENDER!
A favorite quote from a favorite movie, and extremely apropos! Sending you good vibes once again! 8)

Words to go by.....the C word may not be what anyone ever wants to hear, but stay focused, stay mindful and stay positive.
That is what I tell all the patients and clients I work with no matter what the battle ahead is.By changing your diet, that is such a BIG deal and soooooo important!!!
Positive vibes and prayer from S. Fl

There's no $ sign on a peace of mind, this I've come to know
bubblybrenda

Post by bubblybrenda »

I recently completed a class in Nutrition. One of our assignments was to research a "diet" and then present it and outline how it fits in with the Canada Food Guide to healthy eating. Of the diets presented to the class, the #1 diet from a healthy eating perspective was The Pritikin Principle. It's been published in more than 115 medical publications.

Here's a quote from The New England Journal of Medicine speaking about Nathan Pritikin's autopsy (he died from suicide). To set up the story, Pritikin had been diagnosed with incurable heart disease in 1958 and then in 1985: “In a man 69 years old, the near absence of arteriosclerosis and the complete absence of its effects are remarkable!”

Atkins died morbidly obese.

Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and
eat less food that is manufactured in plants.

The power of positive thinking can bring amazing results. I'll be thinking positive for you Chicogoan.
~Brenda~
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

Our best during these challenging times-
Smiles-
Jim & Amy