a signal to the world

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

What Obama did was not set himself up for failure and managed to beat Rovian politics at its own game.

He knew that if the 527 spending wasn't limited he would be unable to react to each and every vicious, petty, negative attack immediately and decisively.

I was happy to donate more than once to help him do so.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Lulu76

Post by Lulu76 »

I gave Hillary lots of money. I even kept donating after my friends told me it was hopeless and I needed to stop. I pretty much believed she might get back to the White House until I found out Biden was VP.

I haven't ruled her out yet. I think America's ready for a female president and I don't think it will be Governor you-know-who.

I gave some money to Obama, but not nearly what I gave to Hillary. I think we have to fix the campaign financing system at some point.
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

SJfromNJ wrote:
flip-flop wrote:What Obama did was not set himself up for failure and managed to beat Rovian politics at its own game.

He knew that if the 527 spending wasn't limited he would be unable to react to each and every vicious, petty, negative attack immediately and decisively.

I was happy to donate more than once to help him do so.
Did you help Hilary?
Wow --- So much interest in me and what I did. I have stated multiple times, I was a Hillary girl. I was disappointed when Obama got the nomination. I thought she had the experience and deserved the nomination. I made my peace with it and Obama has EARNED my support with the way he's managed himself during this campaign.

Yes, I donated to Hillary as well. It was the first time I had ever given money to any campaign (I have often donated money to causes, just not political campaigns).

Obama was the first politician to ever move me to actually do even more than vote, or donate, but to work for him as well.
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

Lulu76 wrote:I gave Hillary lots of money. I even kept donating after my friends told me it was hopeless and I needed to stop. I pretty much believed she might get back to the White House until I found out Biden was VP.

I haven't ruled her out yet. I think America's ready for a female president and I don't think it will be Governor you-know-who.

I gave some money to Obama, but not nearly what I gave to Hillary. I think we have to fix the campaign financing system at some point.
Many were disappointed she wasn't picked as VP, but I believe there is a bigger plan for Hillary.
DaveS007

Post by DaveS007 »

flip-flop wrote:
Lulu76 wrote:I gave Hillary lots of money. I even kept donating after my friends told me it was hopeless and I needed to stop. I pretty much believed she might get back to the White House until I found out Biden was VP.

Many were disappointed she wasn't picked as VP, but I believe there is a bigger plan for Hillary.
The bigger plan is President in 2012. Her entire plan is to watch the O implode and take over in 12. Obvious.
Pete (Mr. Marcia)

Post by Pete (Mr. Marcia) »

As soon as Sarah Palin finished her speech at the convention, I was online donating to Obama.
Wisconsin, smell the dairy air
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

Pete (Mr. Marcia) wrote:As soon as Sarah Palin finished her speech at the convention, I was online donating to Obama.
And there was that ;)
loria

Post by loria »

Pete (Mr. Marcia) wrote:As soon as Sarah Palin finished her speech at the convention, I was online donating to Obama.
>snicker<
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Last edited by DELETED on Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pete (Mr. Marcia)

Post by Pete (Mr. Marcia) »

Oh, and the irony is that my stimulus check from Bush paid for my contribution to the Obama campaign. Thank you George.
Wisconsin, smell the dairy air
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
DaveS007

Post by DaveS007 »

Pete (Mr. Marcia) wrote:Oh, and the irony is that my stimulus check from Bush paid for my contribution to the Obama campaign. Thank you George.
Fortunetly I didn't qualify. At least you are practicing giving your money to Obama, much more of that to come.
Lex

Post by Lex »

I regularly donate money to several charitable organizations, but this year was the first time I ever gave money to a politician. I made a donation to Obama and it's probably the best investment I've ever made in my life.