Attention, STT lurkers!

Travel discussion for St. John
Jerseyboy

Post by Jerseyboy »

sapphirecat wrote:(I think it was at Grand Cayman that someone found 2 Rolex watches.)
If anyone finds a diamond stud earring in Grand Cayman please let me know. :cry: I still can't figure out why my wife was wearing them while we were snorkeling at 7MB.
Schnell

Post by Schnell »

I am mostly a lurker because most of the discussions on here are about STJ. Nothing against STJ, I love it too, but my wife and I have been to STJ once. We have been to STT 3 times with our next trip starting in a week 8) We bought a week with Marriott a couple years ago at the new Frenchmans Cove. This will be our first "real" trip to our new place. We are thrilled about going to our new place and we both really enjoy STT. We do love the beaches of STJ and plan to make daytrips a couple times during each visit. But as another poster put it, I would rather stay right on the beach than up in the hills in a villa. Personal preference I guess, but it was nice to see others out there with the same preferences as us and see STT mentioned as well on this forum.
Kentuckygirl

Post by Kentuckygirl »

Jerseyboy wrote:
sapphirecat wrote:(I think it was at Grand Cayman that someone found 2 Rolex watches.)
If anyone finds a diamond stud earring in Grand Cayman please let me know. :cry: I still can't figure out why my wife was wearing them while we were snorkeling at 7MB.
Jerseyboy,
I will let you know if we find any diamonds on 7MB in February. :D
Image[/url]
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Judging from this thread, there are a lot of STT lovers out there, but I never see trip reports about STT. I would LOVE to read trip reports about STT. No one posts pictures of STT. I would LOVE to see pictures of STT. If you guys will speak up and post your pictures more often, maybe that would generate more STT discussion on this board. 8)

I'll start:

MORNINGSTAR BEACH

MAGEN'S BAY

Kentuckygirl

Post by Kentuckygirl »

CG, I love that picture of Magen's Bay!
Image[/url]
Jerseyboy

Post by Jerseyboy »

California Girl wrote:I would LOVE to see pictures of STT. If you guys will speak up and post your pictures more often, maybe that would generate more STT discussion on this board. 8)
Here are a few of mine:

Sapphire Beach

Magens

Bluebeards Castle overlooking CA harbor:
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

teker

Post by teker »

Jerseyboy wrote:
I'll look for it. We are leaving for GC on Sat. and staying on 7MB. Planning to do a lot of diving. Is there a reward. I'll probly be looking for Rolex's
Jerseyboy

Post by Jerseyboy »

teker wrote:I'll look for it. We are leaving for GC on Sat. and staying on 7MB. Planning to do a lot of diving. Is there a reward. I'll probly be looking for Rolex's
Thanks in advance for looking. :lol: First time to GC? I've stayed at the Westin on 7MB.
Jerseyboy

Post by Jerseyboy »

More STT photos

American Yacht Harbor (near Red Hook)

Yikes, poor cat...or is it a tri. At Sapphire

Sunday Beach Party at Sapphire
jimg20

Post by jimg20 »

We've been to STT three times with day trips to STJ each time. We started out in PR. After a number of trips there someone suggested STT. Now that we've stayed on STT three times, we are ready to stay on STJ.

Our favorite beaches have been Saphire (coral), Megans (swimming) and Cokie (fish). We also enjoyed Eco Tours (I think the name has changed) near Red Hook. We've made major purchases downtown on every trip (two cameras,jewlery and a set of Bose speakers). We took our maximum allowed liquor every trip also.

We had a taxi driver that took us everywhere on one trip. One day we paid him to take us around the island. Dave has since passed on. We're still looking for another Dave.

We enjoyed our time on STT, and next we will enjoy our new adventures on STJ. We are feeling well prepared thanks to all of the diverse experiences we've read about from the many experienced and witty contributors to this forum. I've only actually met one of you, but I'm looking forward to meeting more of you in the future.

JIM
Man it's like some dream we live down here....

California Girl

Post by California Girl »

GLADYS' CAFE

What's the name of this passage?

mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

CG - I have a picture of Charlie standing in front of that fountain that you have posted there. I call it his "dorky tourist" photo. I spared him having it posted here :)
Jerseyboy

Post by Jerseyboy »

California Girl wrote:What's the name of this passage?
I think it's International Plaza. The Hard Rock used to be upstairs on the left.
Jerseyboy

Post by Jerseyboy »

kygirl wrote:Jerseyboy,
I will let you know if we find any diamonds on 7MB in February. :D
Thanks! I hope your planning is going well.