What is the best place you've ever stayed on St.John?

Travel discussion for St. John
Rachelle & Joe

what is the best place you've ever stayed on st.John

Post by Rachelle & Joe »

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a0d80 ... /ry%3D400/ Beautiful Miles Away Rendezvous Bay! going for the 3rd time in the Spring. Runner up, Cielo Vista Gift Hill, Killer Views :) !~Happy Holidaze To All~
Chet

Post by Chet »

It's a dark and stormy afternoon on the Hill. The new iPod is dancing to the carnival of Kassav.

Again, Kassav, turned up to 11. A house looks over the East End and music rolls over the bricks to Vie's in the distance. A truck pulls in with replacement lounge chairs. The guys, from a French island, step it up and chat in a local patois - huh? They delay and dance. Mystic Ridge is magical.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

[/url]
Knolmom

Favorite Places to Stay

Post by Knolmom »

We had our wedding at 2B Peter Bay and our reception at Island Sun in Catherineberg. These are my 2 favorites for obvious reasons, but dont think we will ever have enough $$$ to warrant a future stay at either one. We have rented over 20 villas on St John in the last 18 years, and our other top favorites are

Cinnamon Tarn- only villa where we stayed twice
Does anyone remember Valentine Villa?
Spellbound
Sago Palms
Vistaero

I absolutely love Caneel
I love the Gatehouse at Peter Bay-either one
My DH is a big fan of Estate Lindholm
We both enjoy Gallows
The Westin---not so much!

Next stop--Wings Over Water.
SeaHorse02

Post by SeaHorse02 »

Kolmom,a warning about Wings Over Water. Don't go out on the covered porch! You will never leave. Just spent a week there. W0W!
AquaGirl

Post by AquaGirl »

Our favorite is Coconuts - agree with the others about this one. Can't wait to see the renovations on our 2012 trip.
Knolmom

Best place

Post by Knolmom »

We are anxiously awaiting our ticker. One of the other couple had some surgery that did not go as planned, so our dates will have to be flexible.Our friend loves a villa with a tub, so this one appears to fit the bill. Hoping for late spring or early summer. Sounds delightful!
lisadee

Post by lisadee »

Chet wrote: Mystic Ridge is magical.
I've had my eye on this villa -- can you tell me whether there are 2 bedrooms with interior access? I can't tell from the floor plan.

Thanks!
EastEnder

Post by EastEnder »

Hands down it's home on the East End.

Beautiful across the entire island, but there is no place like home.
Chet

Post by Chet »

lisadee wrote:
Chet wrote: Mystic Ridge is magical.
I've had my eye on this villa -- can you tell me whether there are 2 bedrooms with interior access? I can't tell from the floor plan.

Thanks!
There are 2 bedrooms stacked, seperated by a walkway from the "main" house. The 3rd bedroom is above the walkway. This allows for early risers to make coffee, start breakfast, and listen to music without waking the sleepers. The open floor plan takes advantage of the views of the east end and breezes that blow from the east. Maho is 5 min down the hill and Cruz Bay is 12-15 min away.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

[/url]
stjdeb

Post by stjdeb »

SeaHorse02 wrote:Kolmom,a warning about Wings Over Water. Don't go out on the covered porch! You will never leave. Just spent a week there. W0W!
This is my ultimate fantasy villa!! A soaking tub on the porch - you're right, I would never leave! Too bad it's out of my price range during high season. But that doesn't mean I don't want to hear about it - carry on and thank you.
Deb
scoob

Post by scoob »

Maho Bay Campground with the kids- Pixie girl and Timmers..
My son's senior year in High school and our version of spring break-
only 5 nights ,but we had alot of fun and good memories !
Scoob and Better Half
Capn Dan and Ruby

Post by Capn Dan and Ruby »

Our first time was Harmony Studios. It was basic, but magical! I hope to do a tent cottage before the lease is out. I really hope the lease will have a long term renew!!!
Sunny

Post by Sunny »

My favorite is Argonauta with friends and Island Dreams for just hubby and I. We just reserved Vida De Mar for our May trip...judging from the pics I think it will be at the top of the list :)
Bigcheeze

Post by Bigcheeze »

My favorite is where ever I tuck Littlecheese in for the night

So yes to Cococnuts, Choco Cruz, LeLapin, Vida de Mar, Villa del Sol and Le Virage
snorkelqueen

Post by snorkelqueen »

Allesandra for now for sure. Loved Cloud Nine and would highly recommend it to anyone who wants to be up on Gifft Hill. Caneel for the private beaches. Will see about Bongo Bongo next July. But I agree with previous posts....Anywhere on St. John is heaven.