Does anyone want to go on a "diet" with me?

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
bevm

Post by bevm »

I don't need to lose weight (no PM's please)but the best way to lose weight and keep it off is to do proper food combining. I never eat carbs and meat together. Carbs will start to break down in your mouth and will digest quicker than meat. If you eat meat and carbs together the meat basically passes through your system whole. Disgusting but true. So eat meats with vegetables. Eat carbs with vegetables. But never the two together. So the average American diet of meat, potatoes/or starch and vegetable is the worst thing you can do for your body. If you follow that Proper Food Combining diet along with moderate exercise the weight will fall off and stay off.
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

Well you ladies are amazing. Or miracle workers. Or both. You motivated me to get on my elliptical tonight for oh...the first time in MONTHS. Winter is NOT my season. I wish I were a bear and could hibernate.

So what I only lasted 7 minutes. 7 minutes is better than NO minutes!
babyblueagel1981

hi!!

Post by babyblueagel1981 »

:D hi every one. i am new to this site, but my mama is on here all the time. we are going on a cruise this summer and one of our stops is saint thomas...but of corse we have rented a car to go to saint john for the day. i am also trying to loose weight right now and gain strength due to a stroke i had in may 2008. being 29 years old...that is not fun. i have found a good program though and you may luagh but it works!!!!!! the nintendo wii!!! i am trying to get the wii fit, but right now all i have is the wii sports game. on it i box and play base ball, tennis, golf, and bowling. but you see the key to this system is that to play this game you have to do all the movements. and you have to put the force behind it that you would if you were really playing these things!!! it has been wonderful!!!! i really recomend it!!!!!! ya'll have great night!!!! :lol:
djmom

Post by djmom »

flip-flop wrote:Well you ladies are amazing. Or miracle workers. Or both. You motivated me to get on my elliptical tonight for oh...the first time in MONTHS. Winter is NOT my season. I wish I were a bear and could hibernate.

So what I only lasted 7 minutes. 7 minutes is better than NO minutes!

Ok- Yeah! know how to quote people now!

That is what we are going to do. Feel good about the small steps. Instead of feeling horrible about doing nothing!

And elliptical is hard, so 7 minutes is good! And 7 turns into 9 minutes, into 11....
"Sponges grow in the ocean...I wonder how much deeper it would be if that didn't happen."
designbyroe

Post by designbyroe »

I think it was bev who said combining
I will say for the clients I have (in case you do not know I coordinate the pilates program for a hospital) who need nutrition and better eating chooses
I have taught them
1. write it down
2. eat EVERY 3 hrs......
3. breakfast like a king, lunch like a queen and dinner like a pauper.....Nothing is worse then eating later in the evening and going right to bed. Make sure you drink at least 64 oz of water a day..will help with food cravings. If you drink a full glass of water before you eat, you will eat 1/2 of what is on your plate.
4. if you want to have alcohol include that in your calorie intake
5. back to #3, don't forget your 2 snacks since you are eating every 3 hrs...and I do not mean a snickers bar, an ice coffee or a frozen yogurt even if it is fat free
6. get cardio AT least 30-40 minutes EVERY day or EVERY other.......make sure you are hitting your target heart rate...start slow...remember some cardio is better then none..weight training can also be aerobic.
In order to lose weight you need to burn 500 calories with your workout.
Last edited by designbyroe on Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

There's no $ sign on a peace of mind, this I've come to know
Sun4MySoul

Post by Sun4MySoul »

I'm in! DESPERATE to lose some weight before the May trip. I have two months. Nothing drastic. I would be happy with 10lbs off by then. I've tried several things in the past weeks, but perhaps outside motivation will push me along....

I'm with Liamsaunt...some things I am just NOT going to give up! :?

I will try the Tips for Tomorrow...
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

djmom wrote:Feel good about the small steps.
This is the hardest part for me!!!! I am such a perfectionist that the smallest slide back and I fall off the wagon. The "why bother" feeling! I will never understand how you can gain back in 2 days what it might take a MONTH to lose!

But I am with whoever said they might not lose a ton of weight but they think about it and if they didn't they would be another 90lbs heavier instead of just 30 lbs over. Though I have a little more than 30lbs to go ... though that would be a GREAT start. ;)
KatieH

Post by KatieH »

I'm in! I'll see you on Facebook.
cypressgirl

Post by cypressgirl »

flip-flop wrote:
djmom wrote:Feel good about the small steps.
This is the hardest part for me!!!! I am such a perfectionist that the smallest slide back and I fall off the wagon. The "why bother" feeling! I will never understand how you can gain back in 2 days what it might take a MONTH to lose!

But I am with whoever said they might not lose a ton of weight but they think about it and if they didn't they would be another 90lbs heavier instead of just 30 lbs over. Though I have a little more than 30lbs to go ... though that would be a GREAT start. ;)
FF......that's me. I'm not where I want to be, but without living a pretty clean life, I am the type of person that could get really out of control and then I'd be miserable with myself. I get to a point where I can't wear something I want to wear, and then I get serious, instead of doing it all year long. I don't think there are any tricks or majic pills. A calorie is a calorie, and there may be some kind of combos that work better than others, but that's the bottom line. If there were an easy fix, Oprah would be skinny.
DaveS007

Post by DaveS007 »

[quote="djmom"]give it to a man to have an answer like that. (that is not a compliment BTW)

I'm not sure what you mean. Just trying to help with a little proven method. Sorry If I offended.

5'10" 183lbs *ding *ding (male btw)
Sun4MySoul

Post by Sun4MySoul »

I can't figure out how to "quote"...how did you manage it djmom?

But Cypress Girl's comment about Oprah still has me laughing! :lol:
byado18

Post by byado18 »

It's all about each person finding what works for them long term......there (unfortunately) are no magic pills or food plans...... It's been the same since I first dieted when I was 12...eat less, exercise more......... BORING...... but healthier......and finding a healthy weight......... :o

If you are on Facebook -- head over and find VIOL Island Curves under groups and join in over there!

Thanks to Susan for getting it set up! :D
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Sun4MySoul wrote:I can't figure out how to "quote"...how did you manage it djmom?
Sun, click on the thread "quoting" here on the OT forum. I explained how to quote people over there. :D
Sun4MySoul

Post by Sun4MySoul »

Thanks CA Girl! I'll check it out! :D
jennifer8055

lose weight

Post by jennifer8055 »

Hi,

I used to be pretty obese and started putting on a lot of weight especially on my thighs and bottom in my late thirties. I started exercising as often as possible and also cut down on a lot of high calorie stuff. Unfortunately I hardly managed to lose much weight at all. I then recently read an article by a lady who claimed that she managed to lose nearly half of her weight using a particular weight loss supplement. I tried it out and it actually worked quite well. Within 4 months I managed to lose about 65 pounds. The results were pretty amazing and I feel so much healthier and energetic now. You can read more about the lady's article at

http://www.obesityzapped.com