Prayers needed for my grandson Luke <3

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
AH

Post by AH »

Julie,

Thanks for sharing the picture of the finished blanket.

Happy 2nd birthday to Luke!

AH[/img]
P-600

Post by P-600 »

I am happy to do so AH... He is doing so well right now. My cousin brought the blanket down from Portland ME to my mom who lives in my town just North of Boston for her to bless it with Holy Water from Ireland.. Then she sent it out to the little guy... He loves it! The backs side is a fleece frog print with a satin edging which is so comfy! My daughter tells me he absolutely loves it!
Luke is going in for surgery on May 8th to have tubes put in his ears and have his adenoids and tonsils removed.. He has been having a lot of ear infections lately and that means an overnight stay in the hospital.. Also, the EBV sits in the tonsils so it is one less place for it to "hang" out...
I am going down to ATL on May 14 for a week and I can't wait!

Julie
Live from St.John
Facebook Group
Tracy in WI

Post by Tracy in WI »

Thank you for the updates on little Luke - he is precious. The prayer blanket is simply beautiful and what a wonderful idea.

Now that he is two, he should qualify for a Make A Wish, I have volunteered with them for many years and it is a great organization. Please look into it for Luke as he and his family are truly deserving!!

Continued prayers,

Tracy
Tracy, Seaside Properties at Grande Bay
P-600

Post by P-600 »

Luke was taken to the ED tonight with a fever of 104 and very lethargic. He has been having these unexplained fevers for a few weeks now and has been hospitalized three times. They think it could be his tubes in his ears. Now his liver numbers that were 23 last week are in the 200's. He has lost 1 kg. He had his last chemo last Wednesday but the chemo has wiped out his immune system and he needs antibodies really bad but they can't do that with the fevers. Tomorrow they are doing a PETSCAN, bone marrow biopsy and liver biopsy to see what is going on. Please keep Luke, my daughter Erica, her husband Leon and sister Olivia in your thoughts and prayers. Thank you!

Julie
Live from St.John
Facebook Group
lprof

Post by lprof »

Julie, my heart aches when I think of all that Luke and his loving family have been through. I hope the next tests will bring good news and that he is much better soon.
... no longer a stranger to paradise
Coden

Post by Coden »

Sending the best of healing wishes to Luke. XOXO
Coden
lark22

Post by lark22 »

Thinking of that sweet little boy and all of you.

This may seem silly, but I'm convinced that my mom has special pull with God, so I've asked her to pray for Luke as well.

Please continue to keep us posted...
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

I am sorry to hear about this setback. I hope the doctors are able to heal him soon. I will be thinking of you and your family.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
CBama

Post by CBama »

praying for your family...

hoping better news soon....
P-600

Post by P-600 »

Here is a picture of my daughter Erica and Luke yesterday with some players from the Atlanta Falcons football team. He is having the pet scan and bone marrow biopsy right now. Hoping for the BEST news!

Julie
Live from St.John
Facebook Group
P-600

Post by P-600 »

After six month of chemo-Luke is now cancer free!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Julie
Live from St.John
Facebook Group
lprof

Post by lprof »

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Wonderful, wonderful news!
... no longer a stranger to paradise
lark22

Post by lark22 »

Hallelujah!!!
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

So good to hear! Continued improvements for Luke and strength for all who love him.
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

FanTAStic! GO LUKE!