Prayers needed for my grandson Luke <3

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
Coden

Post by Coden »

Our best wishes are sent to precious Luke and his family. xoxo
Coden
Kentuckygirl

Post by Kentuckygirl »

Thank you for keeping us updated on Luke's condition. I will continue to pray for Luke's strength and recovery as well as praying for you and the rest of the family.
Image[/url]
P-600

Post by P-600 »

Sorry I haven't updated in a bit. We were in Atlanta (alw-Smyrna/Vinings area) with them for ten days. Luke had another hospital stay (CHOA-Emory) for three days because they had to do a biopsy on his liver because his liver is rejecting because he is no longer on any immunosuppression. They are giving him steroid pulses to help get his liver numbers down. He also had a central line infection so they had to put him on a high dose of antibiotic to get rid of that because that can be serious. Yesterday, he had his third round of chemo and he did great and he did it all out patient. Hopefully the rest of his treatments will all go so smoothly. They plan on doing another petscan soon to see how well the tumors are shrinking.
He was discharged last Friday and we had the best time with him! He was so happy to be home and have his seven year old uncle there with him to play! He has been eating like a pig because of the steroids. He is obsessed with potato chips! He looks better than ever :) Thanks for all of your kind words and forum love. xo

Julie
Live from St.John
Facebook Group
AH

Post by AH »

Julie,
Thanks for taking the time to give us an update on Luke.
Glad to hear he is looking good and happy to be back home.
AH
ccasebolt

Post by ccasebolt »

Glad to hear that Luke is doing better. I will keep him my prayers...
lark22

Post by lark22 »

Just wanted to say that I was thinking of Luke this morning. Hope all is well with him and with you and your family! Wish I could send him some potato chips :)
traveler22

Post by traveler22 »

Sending prayers for your little guy, may God bless him and hold him close
SOonthebeach

Post by SOonthebeach »

Lots and lots of prayers coming from here too!
P-600

Post by P-600 »

Hi guys. Quick update on Luke he had another pet scan and the tumors have shrunk significantly :) There are still nodules on his lungs and a tumor on both his liver and his spleen. They are pretty happy with the results of the chemo in the first month. They are going to start him on antibodies because they are really low so he will need to do infusions for that too. He looks great and is very happy. I have the cutest pic but I'm having a hard time posting it. Also, my cousin is making a prayer blanket for Luke. If you want to join in. Here is the info below. Thanks again for all your kind words and prayers.--Julie

Prayer blanket for Luke... This is all you have to do: Buy small piece of cotten blend fabric, wash, iron, cut an 8 x8 square. You can purchase fabric with pictures already on it, or.. with an indelible/water proof markers you can draws your own picture, write a note, stencil, paint, embroider, whatever you want to do! (be sure design stays within 7x7 of the square so I can sew the squares together) Also sign your name and the state you live in within the 7 x7. Mail before April 1 to: Sharon O'Brien, 106 Hersey St. Portland, ME, 04103. I will assemble the pieces into a prayer blanket and to send to lil' Luke.

Julie
Live from St.John
Facebook Group
AH

Post by AH »

Julie,

Love the prayer blanket idea. I will get get my square mailed out to Sharon this week.

AH
P-600

Post by P-600 »

Here is Luke getting his chemo treatment the other day with a smile on his face-- as usual. He has been doing great. He weighs 27 pounds now. I think it is from all the potato chips! We are hoping that the chemo can end in June and he will be cancer free. My daughter transferred Luke's care to Atlanta she has been really happy with his team there.
I want to thank everyone who sent in squares for Luke's quilt. There were a few names that we didn't recognize so I'm thinking they are from the forum. I'll post a picture of Luke with his blanket when he gets it. My cousin is trying to get it to him for his 2nd birthday on April 24th.

Julie
Live from St.John
Facebook Group
lprof

Post by lprof »

It is so good to see that smile! Sending "Get Well" wishes and healing thoughts every day!
... no longer a stranger to paradise
silverheels

Post by silverheels »

Such a trooper and always with a smile. We keep praying and he keeps getting better.
[/url]
P-600

Post by P-600 »

Luke celebrated his 2nd birthday yesterday! He received the prayer blanket and I have to say it looks so beautiful! Thank you for everyone who sent a square!

Julie
Live from St.John
Facebook Group
P-600

Post by P-600 »

Julie
Live from St.John
Facebook Group