"We noticed that both islands have patches
of darker trees all over the island and
wondered what kind they are" ? :?

Everyone on beach looks around trying to figure
out what they are talking about ! :o

Smiles :) break out among some as they
realize the couple are just seeing the
shadows of the clouds on the trees! :lol:

Don't know :roll: have you guys ( to couple)
ever thought of hiking up to see? :lol:
" I believe there's Magic here...."
Pete (Mr. Marcia)

Post by Pete (Mr. Marcia) »

Without hesitation she asked me, "Is that who the Theismann Trophy is named after?"

DiverDrew...that wasn't too far off. Remember when he was at ND and changed the pronunciation of his name so that it would rhyme with Heisman? No shortage of ego for that guy.
Wisconsin, smell the dairy air
dejavu

Post by dejavu »

Our friend who we travel with regularly has some doozies. The best was when we were waiting in line to go through customs in the Turks and Caicos, I said that I forgot to inquire with the villa owner about wether or not we should drink the water on the island and of course someone else said "we'll just drink cocktails" :D so I say" what about ice then?" She pipes up with " I'm sure they import the ice" :shock: On the same trip she was trying to call a restaurant and the phone had been disconnected, she said she needed a phone book because she thought it was in a different area code! The island is 5 miles wide by like 11 miles long I don't think they have more than one area code....
Last year in St. John she kept insisting that there are cattle ranches... :roll: gotta love her, she keeps us entertained,
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

From a fellow female honeymooner at Caneel - "this island sucks and I want to go home, there is nothing to do, no place to shop, I don't like the sand, blah, blah. blah....."

Ah, ok lady. We were on a day trip and her husband got totally, completely smashed, like fall down drunk and I can't say I blamed him.
Ksea

Post by Ksea »

My favorite: How big is a 10' x 20' pool?
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

John and I once met a couple that were checking out of Caneel early because they were mad that there were no TVs in the room. Um, if you are going to spend the money to stay at Caneel, wouldn't you do a little research on the place first?? :?
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
Lulu76

Post by Lulu76 »

I'm telling a story on one of my travelling companions. She'll probably kill me, but I can't help it.

Our first trip to Jost, we are standing in line at the customs office on Tortola, and she turns to me and says:

"That doesn't even look like George Bush in that photo" (pointing to the official government photo hanging on the wall).

I just looked at her and said "That would be because we going through customs to enter the British Virgin Islands, which are not part of the United States."

She just brushed it off and when we returned to STJ at the end of the day, she pointed to his picture and said "Hey, there he is!" and we both laughed.
antoniusestrillo

Post by antoniusestrillo »

PA Girl wrote:From a fellow female honeymooner at Caneel - "this island sucks and I want to go home, there is nothing to do, no place to shop, I don't like the sand, blah, blah. blah....."

Ah, ok lady. We were on a day trip and her husband got totally, completely smashed, like fall down drunk and I can't say I blamed him.
That is really a bad day!
stjohnjulie

Post by stjohnjulie »

I work right on Cruz Bay beach, so I get the people right off the ferry. Probably one of the most common, and most ridiculous is, "where is the nearest beach?" Uh...your on it?
Pia

Post by Pia »

Welcome to the forum Julie :)

Pia
chicagoans

Post by chicagoans »

OK this isn't from the islands but it still cracks me up years later.

When my friend Holly was in college at Davidson, NC, a few of us went to stay with her for spring break. Holly took us to a local townie bar and advised us to just be cool and try not to stand out too much as northerners. When we walked in the door, the first thing we saw was a giant Confederate flag hanging over the bar. One of the other girls says, in a very loud voice that really carried, "Oh look -- a British flag!" The place went dead quiet and every head turned to look at us. No, we didn't blend. (We didn't stay, either.)
AlabamaSusana

from Dominica - an island that has VERY steep hills (+)

Post by AlabamaSusana »

Many years ago we were on a tour bus on Dominica; the hills are very steep (many are "worse" than STJ) and one of the passengers asked what people do when it snows.
FlaGeorge

Post by FlaGeorge »

bevm wrote:My favorite heard on the ferry..."Is St. John surrounded by water?"
Should have replied - "No, it's an island."
FlaGeorge

"Swim Against The Current - Even a Dead Fish Can Go With The Flow"