Ferry to JVD?

Travel discussion for St. John
Kim

Re: Ferry to JVD?

Post by Kim »

The Mr. and I took the ferry over to JVD just earlier this month. On the way out it was just us and one other couple on the whole ferry! We were feeling adventurous so we walked the road from Grand Harbour over to Foxy's Taboo. It was a long hike (might have taken us almost 2 hours, although that includes a couple wrong turns)! From there we had some drinks and a snack and then did the short hike from Taboo to the bubbly pool. Bubbly pool was awesome on that very hot day. The nice bartender then called us a cab to take us from Taboo over to White Bay.
We stayed a Soggy Dollar for a little while, but since we waited until the afternoon to get there it seemed to be peak time for all the charters. Very crowded. So, we eventually took our painkillers to-go and decided to do the walk from White Bay back to Grand Harbour. We took the road and it wasn't too bad...certainly some big ole hills though. Really enjoyed seeing much more of the island than we have gotten to in our past visits. Made it back with plenty of time to do another stroll around Grand Harbour and catch the ferry. Hope you have a blast!
lazylane

Post by lazylane »

http://interislandboatservices.vi/
looks like it runs every day but Thursday!
Myheart'sinSTJ

Post by Myheart'sinSTJ »

Kim-
You and your hubby are much more adventurous than I plan on being! I have been to Foxy's Taboo (by boat) then hiked over to the bubbly pool :lol: , which was so much fun and refreshing as you mentioned. Soggy Dollar is very crowded mid to late afternoon so we will have to keep any eye on how many "pain killers" we consume so we don't miss the ferry home! Cheers!

Lazylane-
Haven't had a moment to check the ferry schedule but thanks very much for forwarding it on :D