Final night -- STT or STJ?

Travel discussion for St. John
ronbo3107

Post by ronbo3107 »

St Thomas is not all that bad. We stay one week there and one week on St John. With the early flight I would stay on St Thomas and have a nice meal either at Room with a view or the Old Farm House. You will enjoy both in my opinion.
stjohnnewbie

Post by stjohnnewbie »

Randy in MD wrote:I guess I'm in the minority here, but I like spending my last night on St. John and waking up with the roosters in the early morning. I usually wake up around 4:30, pull out of Coral Bay at 5:20 and I'm one of the first in line for the 6AM car barge. There's very little traffic driving across St. Thomas at that hour and I'm at the airport a few minutes after 7.

The folks I rent my vehicle from allow me to leave the car in the airport parking lot as they are not open yet...

Lines at the ticket counters and customs are minimal at that hour and I'm sitting in the Hibiscus Cafe with breakfast by 7:30...

If you're not a morning person this probably doesn't sound too appealing, but I love spending my last evening on St. John...
I think it depends on your temperament too. We did this on our last (second) trip to St. John (our flight was a little later) and were stressed out about getting to the airport on time. It all worked out flawlessly and we had more than enough time, but we decided then and there that we would spend the last night on St. Thomas in the future if we had a morning flight. I would RATHER stay on St. John, but just for peace of mind for us it's worth it to head over the afternoon before.