Island Blues is closed

Travel discussion for St. John
loria

Post by loria »

didn't they have code issues in their kitchen with the exhaust fan or some such nonsense? --
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
Randy in MD

Post by Randy in MD »

When I was last there in July, there was no live music and they weren't accepting credit cards. I thought that might be a bad sign...
Lex

Post by Lex »

I read a comment about this on another forum that was interesting. While the other places in Coral Bay have remained mostly quite stable over the years, this place has gone through many incarnations and many owners. The old Pickles has turned over a lot recently, but it's a different kind of place. I wonder if there's any reason to explain it or if it's just chance.
Connie

Post by Connie »

For sale for 150,000...why does that sound like a low price for STJ?

http://barnako.typepad.com/news_of_st_j ... um=twitter
"Paradise...it's a state of mine"
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

Connie wrote:For sale for 150,000...why does that sound like a low price for STJ?

http://barnako.typepad.com/news_of_st_j ... um=twitter
It does seem low to me too. I wonder if their lease is about to run out and therefore the leasehold value is minimal. It seems like many businesses that are sold/for sale on STJ transfer primarily for the leasehold value.

Does a liquor license have any tangible value on STJ? Does STJ even have licensing like the mainland?
lprof

Post by lprof »

I just saw a FB post by a St Johnian that Island Blues has been sold... I am assuming this is true... no other info given.
... no longer a stranger to paradise