Addiction Starts Early

Travel discussion for St. John
Jerseyboy

Post by Jerseyboy »

chicagoans wrote:As for sport teams... sigh... we're all Cubs fans. I just KNOW 2008 will be our year!! (An even hundred years should do the trick, don't you think?)
Good luck to your Cubbies! At least the Bears came close this year.
chrisn

Post by chrisn »

My little man is 9. The first thing his teacher says to me as I sit down for Parent Teacher Conference is, "so...tell me about St. John." Like one out of every three art drawings that come home are of St. John with the ocean, fish, boats, crabs, milipedes, iguanas, palm trees and of course a villa with a pool! We'll be sitting at home or running an errand and he'll say out of the blue..."mom, I want to go back to St. John. How long?" The kid is IN LOVE with the island, he's a snorkel king, and he just "gets it." I'm very proud. I think I've learned him up right!
RickG

Post by RickG »

chrisn wrote:My little man is 9. The first thing his teacher says to me as I sit down for Parent Teacher Conference is, "so...tell me about St. John." Like one out of every three art drawings that come home are of St. John with the ocean, fish, boats, crabs, milipedes, iguanas, palm trees and of course a villa with a pool! We'll be sitting at home or running an errand and he'll say out of the blue..."mom, I want to go back to St. John. How long?" The kid is IN LOVE with the island, he's a snorkel king, and he just "gets it." I'm very proud. I think I've learned him up right!
Exactly!! My 9 year old daughter is the same way. I get a kick out of the impressionistic coral/fish/turtle drawings.

We were planning another visit to Europe with the kids for Spring Break 2008. But, they want to go back to St. John instead. The idea of having a private pool is intoxicating to a 9 year old. My oldest will be 16, but she shows no signs of parent avoidance. As long as she gets to go horseback riding she's happy.

Yep, teach your kids the right obesssions early on and they'll push you to pursue them.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI