I wouldn't mind...

Travel discussion for St. John
toes in the sand

Post by toes in the sand »

On our first visit to the Lamshurs, that road was dirt and gravel and rock. Pavement ended on the uphill past Salt Pond. The cut-through pass over the ridge seemed a little wider than our jeep. It rained while we swam at little lamshur and the ride back over the top of the ridge was an adventure. I remember having my wife get out of the jeep for safety and offer another perspective. I did not get that perspective as she later told me that she had her eyes closed the whole time I took the jeep up and over the slippery pass.
"got a drink in my hand and my toes in the sand"
awardb

Post by awardb »

Coden, we arrive Aug. 2nd and we might not make it to Lil' Lameshur until Aug. 4th, so we'll look for you.

Most certainly a long drive to get there, but worth every minute. Our vote for the most relaxing bay/beach on STJ!

The snorkeling all the way out to the right-hand side of the bay, and around the point toward (I think) Europa Bay is wonderful!
AwardB
Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end; then stop. - Lewis Carroll
ccasebolt

Post by ccasebolt »

toes in the sand wrote:On our first visit to the Lamshurs, that road was dirt and gravel and rock. Pavement ended on the uphill past Salt Pond. The cut-through pass over the ridge seemed a little wider than our jeep.
I remember the days before that road was paved too! Our first drive out there was in July of '95 on a wet day after gully-washing rain the night before. We had a tiny Suzuki Samurai and I seriously thought it would be swallowed up in one of the huge ruts/gullies coming down the hill! We survived will no more damage than a seriously muddy Samurai and an addiction that was to last a lifetime. :D
Coden

Post by Coden »

awardb wrote:Coden, we arrive Aug. 2nd and we might not make it to Lil' Lameshur until Aug. 4th, so we'll look for you.

Most certainly a long drive to get there, but worth every minute. Our vote for the most relaxing bay/beach on STJ!

The snorkeling all the way out to the right-hand side of the bay, and around the point toward (I think) Europa Bay is wonderful!
Hi Awardb! We'll leave Cruz Bay 10ish, drive out to Josephines and stock up, then head on out to Little Lameshur for the day. Woo-hoo!!

I'll figure out a way for you to know it is us...oh, I'll have my Have I seen you on the Forum beach bag with us...it has been packed since May - LOL!

See you then! :)
Coden
awardb

Post by awardb »

Coden, we'll certainly look for you. I'll watch for the bag!

When we were going to Lameshur last year, they were doing SERIOUS road work on the road to Lameshur. You all know where the road ends, and one of the worst places to get by are the sharp rocks near the telephone pole on the left. Well, they were doing some much excavating and grading it looked to us as though they were going to maybe pave the road further out toward both Lameshur Bays. That was last August.

Anyone who's been there since then care to comment on what they did to the road?

Thanks!
AwardB
Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end; then stop. - Lewis Carroll
silverheels

Post by silverheels »

awardb: Will we see you at the Beach Bar on the 7th?
[/url]
awardb

Post by awardb »

silverheels:

Is that the next meeting of the forum members at the Beach Bar in early August?
AwardB