Interesting Forum Facts

Travel discussion for St. John
cypressgirl

Post by cypressgirl »

It seems we all have pretty sad social calanders tonight!
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

Too true! I was supposed to be out on the town w/ my hubby & Gromit & her hubby enjoying a nice steak at Ray's ... but noooooooo. A sick baby means a cancelled babysitter. Its ok, small price to pay but man I wish he'd kick this little cold thing he's got going on, mama needs her social life back ;)
cypressgirl

Post by cypressgirl »

So sorry Flip for the baby sniffles. My family just walked in the door and my 14 yr. old called my 19 yr. old a bitch. I told them I hope they have girls just like themselves. Michelle said "If I have a kid like Haley I'll kill it." What love is in the air.

One more glass of wine and my new book. To hell with these kids.
Bug

Post by Bug »

Oh CypressGirl I feel for you. The teen years really bite!!!! One minute my daughters hugging me and the next she's tell me to stop touching her. What the heck, she was touching me????? I don't even try anymore. I just wait for her to come to me and determine the mood from there. I would probably run away from home if I had 2 teens in the same house, specially if they were both girls :wink: Or at least, drink alot more :lol:

Good luck and God Bless, I know you need it!
cypressgirl

Post by cypressgirl »

I just drink a lot more. They have their kind moments, but I would not want to take them to STJ on the same trip without dad to help me referee.
StJohnRuth

Post by StJohnRuth »

We can definitely see a pattern here.

It all starts (innocently enough) with a love for St. John and the Virgin Islands. It starts out as the thing that gets you though a long boring day at an unchallenging job, or maternity leave, or a great loss, or the slow season for your particular business.

Maybe you posted a little more than normal due to an upcoming visit to St. John. Or maybe because there was NO scheduled visit in sight. Or perhaps some friends were visiting St. John, and you participated just a little more than you intended.

Whatever the circumstances, you started out on the sidelines, and the next thing you know, you're in the top ten.

I know. I've been there. For a while, I worried that I was a blabbermouth and that someone was going to say "So, What's Your Point?" That almost never happened.

Admittedly, I am in a different situation than most posters here. All of our lives are "complicated" in ways that many casual readers will never know.

Someone commented here recently about the fact that sometimes people these days don't have the kind of physical neighbors that we traditionally assume to be part of a normal social life. Sometimes you befriend your neighbors because you know you're stuck with them for a long period of time and there's nothing you can do about it. Other times, you find you really actually like your neighbors and have a lot in common and you can't believe your good fortune.

This has definitely become a neighborhood, in the best sense.

I know that's easy for me to say, because people bring me presents. (The steamers were delicious.) In general, though, we all get along remarkably well here.

Sometimes some of us are blabbermouths, but hopefully not in a way that is offensive to others. There may be a "gray area" here that we might not all agree about, but hopefully we'll muddle through it.

I do actually think that there should be awards, though. At the very least, I think if you're one of the top ten or twenty posters here you should at least get a free Virgin-Islands-On-Line coolie or bumper sticker or something. I'm not saying you deserve a trip to St. John or Florence or anything, but just a little token. I'm willing to offer a free coolie to the top twenty, but you have to pick it up in person. No shipping!

Good night, everyone.

-Ruth
cat

Post by cat »

You guys are right about teenage girls! OMG I am going to kill mine! She will never live to 21! I am so going to jail for murder!!!!! If I wasn't taking hormones it would be evewn worse!

Sorry I had to get that off my chest and since you guys started it.... :lol: :oops: :D

Ruth, I'll pick up my Koozie or whatever we are calling it in June! :wink: :wink: :lol:
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

I thought my 2 boys would kill each other for me but now they are friends go figure.
Last edited by waterguy on Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bug

Post by Bug »

You're so right Ruth. Speaking of the steamers...I will be there next Saturday, do you want anything from PA? Licorice, Hoagies, Cheesesteak, Lebanon Balogna, Scrapple - what else are we known for?? Anyway, let me know if you want anything. I like to pack more on the way down for other people so I have more room on the way home for new stuff for me :wink:

Bug

PS Will you be working Saturday afternoon? I will be in for my coffee - White Choc Truffle - Yum Yum
sailorgirl

Post by sailorgirl »

Very Funny Cypress--- I nearly fell off the couch. I was thrown into the deep end so to speak when I got married two years ago(for the first time at 40 something :-), a man with 2 teenaged daughters, 14 and 16 at the time. I just read him your daughter's comment and he laughed outloud !
Ron_L

Post by Ron_L »

Bob & Anita wrote:The Elite 10 Forum Posters:
  • California Girl 855
    mary beth 712
    waterguy 696
    RickG 663
    liamsaunt 627
    Xislandgirl 573
    sea-nile 480
    flip-flop 477
    Jorge 467
    Coden 446
You have to add up the post of the next 30 to equal the post of the Elite 10.
Here's what frightens me...

12 Ron_L Batavia, IL 31 Dec 2006 306
13 Anthony Florence, Italy 05 Aug 2006 289

I'm in 12th place and I've posted more than Anthony! :oops:

I guess I'll shut-up now... :roll:
...ron

Time to start working on convincing the wife that we have to go back soon!
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

I never noticed that userlist thing before. Interesting. I had no idea I was one of the blabbiest people on here!
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

Hi
This forum has helped me through alot of tough times you all have been so suportive and carrying.
Just wanted to say thanks.
Tom
RickG

Post by RickG »

Ron_L wrote: We refer to that as "post pumping" on my BBQ forum :)
Careful, you'll get a splinter!

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

I already knew about the top ten, and I've been keeping it a secret since I didn't figure it was an honor to be the chattiest person here. In fact, when I saw that number, I was somewhat embarrassed. (well, not "somewhat", more like "totally")

But NOW.... now Ruth's giving out PRIZES!! Yippeeee!! I'll pick up my coolie in 20 days, Ruth! :lol: