Prayers needed for my grandson Luke <3

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
Nic in KC

Post by Nic in KC »

Prayers for Luke and your family will continue being said! Keep us posted!
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

Healing thoughts and positive vibes heading Luke's way. I hope he is feeling better soon, poor little guy.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
greyhoundmom

Post by greyhoundmom »

Julie, good thoughts and prayers coming your way for the little guy. Please keep us updated on his progress. As a Mimi, I know how much our grands have our heart. Jan
P-600

Post by P-600 »

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart. I flew down here to Tampa early this morning. I saw Luke he didn't get much sleep last night they gave him acetominiphin for pain and it wasn't enough so they are giving him morphine. They are also giving him three diuretics ncluding Lasix albumin infusions and antibiotics the doctor said they are taking blood cultures which the results will tell us what type of infection he has his white blood cell count is really high and hasn't changed since yesterday. Thanks everyone again. Sorry for any typos I'm on my phone

Julie
Live from St.John
Facebook Group
loria

Post by loria »

P-600--any news? is he doing better? sending pryers out to you--
Loria
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
P-600

Post by P-600 »

The docs are thinking that there isn't any infection there is nothing growing on the cultures and he doesn't have a fever. They think it is liver disease advancing they are sharing all the info with Boston because that is where he will be transplanted. :cry:

Julie
Live from St.John
Facebook Group
loria

Post by loria »

P-600 wrote:The docs are thinking that there isn't any infection there is nothing growing on the cultures and he doesn't have a fever. They think it is liver disease advancing they are sharing all the info with Boston because that is where he will be transplanted. :cry:
oh wow--that s some big and hard news--but i am sure you know that he will get the best of the best care up in Boston--still so very scary -- i just know that your little guy will come out of this healthy--bt walking this road is so scary and hard--my healing, positive thoughts are with you and your family --
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
greyhoundmom

Post by greyhoundmom »

Julie, thinking and praying hard for your sweet boy tonight.
2Feathers

Post by 2Feathers »

Prayers are on their way up! Get well soon, Little Luke!
Barb Y

Post by Barb Y »

Sending lots of prayers your way! God bless!
P-600

Post by P-600 »

Here is the latest news as of this evening. Luke is still in a lot of pain. He is back on the morphine. They did a stool sample and he is having a bleed. This is not good news. His hematocrit is at seven should be between eleven and thirteen. If it goes any lower tomorrow he will need a blood transfusion. Not sure right now where the blood is coming from so they may do an endoscopy. I'll keep you posted and I want to post a picture of Luke but I'm not quite sure how to do this on my iPad. Thanks so much for your continued support.

Julie
Live from St.John
Facebook Group
P-600

Post by P-600 »

Here is an update on Luke. He had a blood transfusion yesterday and right now they are doing a scope too look for the bleed and try to band it. He had an ultrasound yesterday but we havent got the results back just yet. The good thing is they took him off all pain medicines. Thank you all.

Julie
Live from St.John
Facebook Group
Nic in KC

Post by Nic in KC »

I know it's got to be so scary! I am continuing to lift Luke up in my prayers and will be praying that if a quick transplant is needed it comes through!! I'm thinking of you all!
djmom

Post by djmom »

Praying for Luke and all of you.
"Sponges grow in the ocean...I wonder how much deeper it would be if that didn't happen."
GotToGetAway

Post by GotToGetAway »

I truly hope everything turns out OK for him. No child should have to suffer.

Thoughts and prayer for your family...
Tickerless :(