Please Help!! Traveling with young kids

Travel discussion for St. John
crasherino

Post by crasherino »

We just stayed at Jazz Villa with our kids who are the same age as yours as well as my nieces and nephew. It may be bigger than you need but its not so pricey (obviously depending on your budget). You are right off South Shore road so while not staying on the North Shore, the ride to the beaches isn't too bad. In fact, it was one of the highlights for our son - he's a city kid, so he had a blast mimicking a subway announcement "This is a Maho Bay bound blue jeep....the next stop is....Hawksnest Bay!"

Its a pretty good villa for kids although the floor is really hard so you'll need to be wary of the 1 yr old. But, other than that, the layout is very nice, with a great pool.
CHM

Post by CHM »

Just like you, we have traveled to St. John many times and are venturing into new territory - taking our two year old in May. We booked our villa through Catered To. They have several options for young children and many villas have pack and plays and highchairs. We rented a car seat from Island Baby which will be delivered to our rental car location. As I begin to think about packing, we will probably be renting more items from Island Baby. I have also found a seat belt attachment for the airplane which will hopefully make him sit somewhat still (without having to lug the car seat on the plane). I have been researching this trip for a while and the Forum members have been so helpful. Feel free to message me with any questions. Good luck!