St. Croix...to go or not to go?? Need input~

Travel discussion for St. John
elisa_nj

Post by elisa_nj »

We also have been talking about STX for this coming November. We've been to STT & STJ 3x's in the past 2 years and decided to give STX a try. I've been doing alot of research and also have a cousin who lives and runs a business on the island! I'm looking forward to it BUT the airfares are higher and hoping they come down :(

Our other obstacle is we have a son graduating from High School today and he has chosen a college in LONDON!!! My St. Croix trip might have to wait because i'll be taking him "to school" at the end of August (IF those airfares come down, LOL)
akersten

Post by akersten »

We made a quick visit to St Croix at the end of May 2010 before a week in STJ with our two young children. Our neighbors moved to STX a year ago so we went to see them. I was very pleasantly surprised by STX and am looking forward to spending a week there in 2011. I felt very safe while we were there, our old neighbors said STX has had a reputation for crime for a long time now, but it's mainly confined to drugs and drug dealing. We stayed at the Carambola beach resort but will stay in either a condo or villa next year. I thought the island looked better in general than STT, there weren't shipping crates littered about the island. We took Seaborne's sea plane from Christiansted to Charlotte Amalie and I would do that again. If the sea's are rough, you don't want to take the ferry according to my neighbor.