Day 5: Hiking Brown Bay, Vie's Beach, Vie's Lunch

Travel discussion for St. John
LMG

Post by LMG »

mbw1024 wrote:
LMG wrote:Eeeek! I look like I have had some of that "beach drink concoction" don't I? :)
was it the "knickers off" concoction? if so I'm surprised you were able to sit upright! LOL
Oh, heck no! I cannot be trusted to make that. And when I drink it I have to be no more than ten steps from the place I will sleep that night! :) Which is what makes it great, I think.

The Pia household barkeep is really quite an expert!
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

I think the Pia barkeep might have found it odd that we only texted when we needed a drink recipe or to make the music go!

The FUNNIEST part of the "making the music go" is that my mother, the most senior member of the group at 60 something, figured it out!

lol
AnyTing

Post by AnyTing »

That's the most perfect lunch EVER. Just plates full of fried things. Yummmmm.....
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

VickiH wrote:That's the most perfect lunch EVER. Just plates full of fried things. Yummmmm.....
Pretty sure that salsa like dip thing was healthy!
Will Hike for Food!

Oh, and we needed something to soak up the rum!
Pia

Post by Pia »

I have a new favorite drink(s) - the Parma Martini or the Parma Cosmo............yummmmmy you will need to have one next time :)
Realtor - St John Properties
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

Pia wrote:I have a new favorite drink(s) - the Parma Martini or the Parma Cosmo............yummmmmy you will need to have one next time :)

Mmmmmmmmm ok!
Gromit

Post by Gromit »

FF & LMG-- I'm guessing we're talking about "Skeeters" here? Pia makes a MEAN Skeeter!!!
*Another fine scatterbrained production
Pia

Post by Pia »

Ding, ding, ding :D :D :D
Realtor - St John Properties
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

I am pretty sure I am still suffering from Skeeter w/drawl!

Man those go down so easily. NEED MORE!
samoka

Post by samoka »

Your reports are awesome - I can't wait for the next one! I went to STJ with a girlfriend and it was a lot of fun - going back with the husband and adult kids - they are tired of hearing me talk about it and want to see it for themselves.
sea-nile

Post by sea-nile »

That sounds like way too much fun!
tipsy

Post by tipsy »

your reports and pics are terrific! we're staying nearby Pias and are looking forward to meeting her pups, I hope.

with our trip coming fast, these reports are making the last few weeks of waiting so much nicer. Thank you.
No ticker anymore. Next vac will prob. be the Fl Keys.
LMG

Post by LMG »

VickiH wrote:That's the most perfect lunch EVER. Just plates full of fried things. Yummmmm.....
This may not be true every day, but once she told me she was frying using bacon fat (I had told her it smelled like breakfast there that day).

If you understand the significance of a phrase like that, well then I need say no more...
djmom

Post by djmom »

That Vies chicken, there is no other. Each time I go back I like it more. I can smell it now.

Thanks for the TR's!
"Sponges grow in the ocean...I wonder how much deeper it would be if that didn't happen."
LysaC

Post by LysaC »

I just want to say that I think Vie's is horrible. Never, EVER would I reccomend anyone going there!

I definitely did not spend the best day of my STJ life I've ever had on her beach snuggled under the sea grape tree.

I hate her savory, crispy-then-melt-in-your-mouth garic chicken and sticky warm honeyed johnny cakes.

And those darned chaise lounges on the beach- well, what a friggin' inconvenience!

Huh.

Don't go there. Ever. S'terrible.