Do you watch TV when you are on ST John?

Travel discussion for St. John
RickG

Post by RickG »

never
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
tarheelgirl

Post by tarheelgirl »

ever
ccasebolt

Post by ccasebolt »

We caught up on the news a couple times during our 10 days last July (Headline News, so it was a quick catch-up), but other than that, the only TV we saw was the Red Sox at Woody's. The get NESN via satellite and had the Sox game on (complete with local commercials) whenever we went in. :)
ccasebolt

Post by ccasebolt »

We caught up on the news a couple times during our 10 days last July (Headline News, so it was a quick catch-up), but other than that, the only TV we saw was the Red Sox at Woody's. The get NESN via satellite and had the Sox game on (complete with local commercials) whenever we went in. :)
Noreen

Post by Noreen »

The last time we went, we didn't even know the TV(s) didn't work in the villa. Didn't find out until someone else mentioned it. So, no, never on vacation.
FlaGeorge

Post by FlaGeorge »

Every once in awhile I will tune into the “Local” programming just to get a different perspective on the world around us. Other then that – na.
FlaGeorge

"Swim Against The Current - Even a Dead Fish Can Go With The Flow"
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

aside from the occasional cartoon if traveling with the little ones....no!
mrsb

Post by mrsb »

We only watch when we are getting ready in the morning or after returning at night for local info or background noise. Last year I kept watching the weather channel and the local (tourist?) channel. I was laughing because every day the weather was the same- partly sunny or party cloudy depending on the viewpoint of the weather person :) We are TV junkies at home and love our Tivos. I could not help finding a way to check my voicemail though. We forgot the cell phone chargers and the phones were dead after about 2 days. I paid $45 to check my voicemail and there was really nothing important that could not have waited. I really need to learn how to relax :roll:
Anthony
Site Admin

Post by Anthony »

My girls are 9 and 6 and we gave up TV totally about 6 months after the second one was born. The kids watch kids stuff, movies, etc. on DVD, and my wife and I watch some movies, but we have not had "regular" TV in the house for nearly 6 years now and I love it that way.
Anthony for Virgin Islands On Line
sea-nile

Post by sea-nile »

I have only been to STJ once, but TV was the last thing on my mind! :)
stjohnmay2003

Post by stjohnmay2003 »

We don't usually watch TV there. We were on St John in May 04 with another couple when the Friends Series Finale was on.
We refused to sit in the house and watch TV so we pulled the TV out onto the deck and watched it from there!
Married- Trunk Bay May 3, 2003
JT

Post by JT »

TV in STJ? Maybe if while sitting at Skinny's bar, I might mindlessly glance at it, but other then the weather channel check it relly doesn't get turned on in the villa. Just like here... there's never anything on anyway! In November I was guilty of going to Keep Me Posted by Aqua Bistro to send live reports to the forum a couple of times.
When you find yourself in a hole.... quit digging.
Ron in South Texas

Post by Ron in South Texas »

We go in the summer because we teach school. I just turn on the Weather Channel to see if anything is "brewing". :shock:

I have to deal with hurricanes here on the Texas coast, so it's pretty habitual to watch the tropical update at least once a day.
It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!
Chickadee

Post by Chickadee »

We like to catch the weather before we head home and occasionally see what's going on in the world, but we never watch regular TV shows. Definitely throw in a movie at night once in a while though.
Jennifer

Margy Z

Post by Margy Z »

Yes - usually go in April or May. Gotta watch basketball - especially if the play-offs are on. Best viewing time ever was turning the TV around to face out the sliders and watching a game while floating in the villa pool. Night got breezy - fourth quarter was rough - had a heck of a time holding onto my beer while paddling around to keep the float in the right place for viewing (sigh) how annoying :lol: ...