New to this forum!

Travel discussion for St. John
mountaineer girl

Post by mountaineer girl »

Thanks Teresa, we'll definitely take your advise and go to Cinnamon first. Aren't the shower facilities at Trunk better, since they charge admission for the upkeep? We may shower there and then have dinner in Cruz Bay (if we take the people ferry). If they guys want to take our vehicle over to avoid taxis, I understand we can't stay as late. I want to taxi and then not worry about what time to return.

Since we'll be in shorts and no make-up, where would be a good place to have dinner in Cruz Bay?

I've already checked cruise ship schedules, and there are a couple day that there are NO ships in port! :D those will be good days for STJ or for shopping, correct?
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

I've never used the showers at Trunk, but I can tell you that the ones at Cinnamon are fine--the water is not heated, and you have to pull on a chain to make the water flow, but it's fine for rinsing off. The facilities have always been clean when we've been there.

You can eat anywhere you want in Cruz Bay in casual dress, don't worry about that.

Shopping wise, if you are talking about STT, just FYI not everything opens when the ships are not in port. A no-ship day would be great for visiting Trunk though.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
StJohnRuth

Post by StJohnRuth »

Mountaineer girl,
Welcome to this forum!
Please believe me when I tell you that there is not a single restaurant in Cruz Bay that will refuse to serve you because you are wearing shorts and no makeup.
This is a very casual place. You will see some people walking around looking fancier than others, but that's their preference. It is not required at all.
If you plan your trip around the beaches that have showers, be aware they will be cold showers. Cinnamon Bay's showers stay open becuase it's a campground, Trunk Bay showers lock up at 4pm.
Here's what I do: If you have a car, put a gallon jug of tap water in there for each person at the beginning of the day and have a nice warm rinse with that. (You may think that isn't enough, but I lived on a boat. It's enough, in most cases.)
Wear a big contented smile and you'll fit right in.
Have fun!
-Ruth
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

make up? HA never even opened the bag when I was there and likely won't even pack it next time. a sun kissed face, a little lip gloss and you're good to go!
ENJOY!
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

The way I like my women with nothing on I mean makeup :lol:
Last edited by waterguy on Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
mountaineer girl

Post by mountaineer girl »

Thanks for everyone's responses! Yeah, my hubby prefers no make-up, but I always feel naked without my mascara. But, I just may not pack any with me either! Got to realize where I am, huh?

well, I'm getting so excited, I can't stand it. I printed off some drink recipes from the Beach Bar's website. I want to have the other couple that will be traveling with us over for some drinks sometime before we go. you know, to plan, drink, discuss, drink etc. :mrgreen:
sea-nile

Post by sea-nile »

MG,
I look forward to weekends and vacations when I don't have to wear make-up. I am sure you look fine without it!
Have a great time planning and have a few of those drinks for me. :)