Agree or Disagree: Trip Reports?

Travel discussion for St. John
Kathyzhere

Post by Kathyzhere »

StJohnRuth wrote:I LOVED LOVED LOVED that parallel universe concept. It reminds me of that old TV show "Dark Shadows". Does anyone else remember that?
Hey STJRuth,
Sure do remember, Barnabus Collins...he
was always after the pretty ladies necks :wink:
I watched it after school, it was
like a "scary" soap.

Kathy
Lex

Post by Lex »

This is getting even more difficult to grasp. TA appears to have deleted the entire thread that's being commented on here (those TA moderators don't play around).

There's a thread in this forum universe about a thread that doesn't exist in that other universe. Some posters here are actually responding here to what was written by the original poster of the thread that doesn't exist. What would they make of it if they knew that over here people are talking about something over there that doesn't exist over there.

We're entering the spooky realm of theoretical physics. Some people are never seen again once they step into this realm (at least theoretically they're never seen again).
mia

"Awesome"!!!!!

Post by mia »

Robin in NC,

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I absolutely love your observations.
It takes both the sun and the rain to make a beautiful rainbow. --Unknown
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Lex, it sounds like a space/time continuum thing to me! 8)
JT

Post by JT »

OK, Mr. Natural, aka Lex, where'd you get the mushrooms?
When you find yourself in a hole.... quit digging.
NIKKI

Post by NIKKI »

I read TA a lot and have been a member for a few years now and I was itching to reply to that post but I just couldnt put in words how annoyed I was

To me everyones trip report and hotel review is important Yes OK people might put more information that YOU need but to someone else it could be very useful.

When I am planning like now I soak up everything I can find on the location I am going to one reason is make sure I have the best vacation I can and the other is because it gets me excited about the place I am going to.

I also make sure to put hotel reviews and the like on the site as I think its only fair to give back what you have taken and I expect mine are quite long as I like to include everything I think useful.

I thank everyone on this site that takes the time to do the reports as they have helped me so much one in picking the USVI in the 1st place and second with organising our trip.
Nikki
Last edited by NIKKI on Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
cptnkirk

Post by cptnkirk »

Lex I'm going to beam ya up to the Starship we need to talk :lol:
pjayer

Post by pjayer »

I figured TA would freeze that thread, but they removed it totally. Party poopers! Robin, I was especially fond of the perspective cruisers comment. Didn't even catch the rest. Wondered if you had been reading it. I'm usually very laid back, but that thread really got under my skin. Kind of glad it's gone and feeling a bit guilty about posting at all. Now, back to the fun.

I watched Dark Shadows faithfully. Loved it! Used to come home before my parents did, turn it on, and sit there scared to death. Anyone remember the Dark Shadows board game? How about Lost in Space with Billy Mummy? I remember putting together a Lost in Space model of a monster on a cliff throwing a huge boulder on everyone. Danger! Danger! Will Robinson!

To think, if I'd only known then what I know now, I could have used that glue to travel to Lex's parallel universe much sooner. :wink:
Jo Ann - VA

Post by Jo Ann - VA »

<------too much of a chicken to watch Dark Shadows.
Jo Ann
Always planning the next vacation...
Lulu76

Post by Lulu76 »

I'm kind of surprised that the thread got deleted over there. Maybe I need to visit more often, because I think I'm missing all the fun by staying over here where we all get along and like pictures of feet with sand on them!
chrisn

Post by chrisn »

JT wrote:OK, Mr. Natural, aka Lex, where'd you get the mushrooms?
LOL! The J boys are cracking me up! If I'm not mistaken, Mr. Lex has been to VG recently. I hear tell shrooms are legal there. Mayhap he took a side trip to Bomba's... :wink: Honey is still messed up about not hopping over for some mushroom tea... :lol:
Lex

Post by Lex »

What really gave this incident depth for me was that KZ has been around for years, posted frequently and was quite helpful. It was so totally off the wall and out of character that initially people on that forum were only too willing to give KZ the benefit of the doubt that it was a particularly bad day. None of the arrogance, disdain and condescension had ever been apparent before. But it kept escalating in KZ's subsequent posts on the thread. It was sudden and unforseen and kind of startling. It made it bizarre and took it beyond just what the posts were about. It raised questions above and beyond just what the content of the posts brought up. It was easy to get so reactive to the posts that the deeper question got lost: What's KZ all about? What's going on and what's been going on?

If it had just been one of those kamikaze first (and only) posts, the thread wouldn't have had the life that it did. This was a totally out of character post from someone you thought you had some sense of. Really strange and baffling.
Pia

Post by Pia »

I think he/she stopped taking their meds :) :) :)

Pia
Margy Z

Post by Margy Z »

Wicked, Pia, very wicked! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Lex – I have to respectfully disagree. Over the past several months I have seen responses by this poster that were pretty curt and disdainful – especially to newbies. Several of the posts sounded pretty elitist to me, impatient with folks who didn’t want to do Caneel (depicted as the only place to stay on STJ, just as the Ritz is depicted as the only place to stay on STT and, STX, well, one might as well visit a third world country - lol) or were looking for more medium priced accommodations. I have PM’d several of the folks who took it on the chin about STJ from this poster and have suggested that they come over here to ask questions and get some friendly informative replies. TA USVI posters are generally welcoming to newbies and the USVI forum covers all three islands pretty well and helps out folks looking for accommodations at all levels. Although this was the worst post so far, I think it has been coming for awhile. Frommer has a banner on the TravelTalk site that quotes him saying “I find that user-generated trip review websites are virtually useless.”. I wonder if this might have been the impetus for the original post.

It wouldn’t surprise me if the OP had the thread removed. I hadn’t seen anything there that would warrant removal, unless something really bad was posted last night and I missed it.

I brought this over here as I suspected that posters here would be very supportive of trip reports. Thanks for coming through!