National Park CD...

Travel discussion for St. John
parafins

Post by parafins »

RonUSVI wrote:Guys, I believe that DVD is a fund raiser for the Friends of the Park. This is where this get money to help the park, that you love so much, to stay alive. Maybe each of you viewers can send them the $20 it costs if you plan to share it this way.
Ahh,good point! So we continue to send the dvd around to anyone who would like to see it and soon as they receive it in the mail they make a donation to Friends Of The Park.This would help the organization out in 2 ways...One,they would not have the cost of making a dvd/jacket and two,they would not have a mail/handling fee.Whatcha think? Parafins.
HELLO FROM MICHIGAN...
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

I pledge to send $20 to the Friends and buy a t-shirt as well! :D
jimg20

Post by jimg20 »

So much of the stuff we talk about on this Forum are artifacts from that past that are no longer available. I thought this was like an out-of-print book or a music CD that is no longer available. :shock: :o

Since it is available and supports something my wife and I want to support, please take me off the list. :wink: I'll order my own copy. That way I can keep it for future use. :)

Thanks for educating us, Ron. 8)

JIM
Man it's like some dream we live down here....

ms411

Pre-Viewed

Post by ms411 »

They could encourage people to return them so they can sell them as pre-viewed. I buy pre-viewed all the time from Blockbuster, Modern Music, ebay, etc.
I Like to KIS (Keep It Simple)
sandollar

NPS fundraiser items

Post by sandollar »

I, too, think it's probably best in retrospect to own a copy and add it to our collection. The Annaberg T shirt is attractive and will buy one for my cousin who visited there a few years ago.

Everything works out nicely!
Diane
Dave-a-roni

Post by Dave-a-roni »

Is this still happening? I'll get in on it :) 8) Who do I PM?
"Try to preserve nature where you live, not just where you visit"

Photo's
2008 http://www.flickr.com/photos/dave-a-ron ... 118102515/
2005 http://www.flickr.com/photos/dave-a-ron ... 326642810/
Friends

Post by Friends »

It's great to know that so many people are excited about VI National Park, and interested in learning more about its fascinating history! Friends of Virgin Islands National Park funded the production of this DVD. We are a private non-profit dedicated to the protection and preservation of the natural and cultural resources of VI National Park. The money we raise from generous donors, just like you, supports important projects and programs in the park, as well as environmental education for our local youth.

I encourage you all to view the DVD, the production team did an outstanding job, and you will come to appreciate VI National Park even more. However, I urge you to consider purchasing the DVD at our website. It is a fundraiser for the organization, and the money we raise will be put to good use helping protect VI National Park! When you are here, check out our new retail store in Mongoose Junction on the first level next to Hurricane Alley. We have lots of cool gifts, etc. made from recycled material, and many products that are made locally. Check us out on line at www.friendsvinp.org! Thank you for your support!