Trip Report Letterman Style

Travel discussion for St. John
DaveS007

Trip Report Letterman Style

Post by DaveS007 »

I enjoy reading everyone's trip reports but don't think I have much to add to the experience. Here is my and Lovey's top ten list. Some things new, some old fav's...

10. Dish soap and water. 50/50 mix, small bottle, a little squirt in the mask each snorkel, fog free, crystal clear.
9. Hawksbill Turtle bird feeder, store next to Shipwreck Landing.
8. Snorkel in front of Gallows Point.
7. Valley Doll Hot Sauce, purchased from somebody at Shipwreck Landing.
6. Massages at Westin.
5. School of Tarpan at Haulover Bay.
4. Shipwreck landing; the FlipFlop. I'm not a fruity tuity blender drink kind of guy but Lovey had the FlipFlop and it was fantastic. I had the Mojito.
3. La Tapa, La Tapa, La Tapa.
2. Gibney Beach, Gibney Beach Villa. Nice, only steps to the beach.
Drum roll; phhhttthhhtttt ching ****
1. (Gulp) Coral Cove Villa. Jaw dropping. We stopped at the driveway to grab a brochure and the nice lady from San Fransico that just arrived with her family offered a looksee. Unreal !!

Next stop; Watkins Glen International, Nascar baby!
Next installment; My Husband's Girlfriend's Sister.

daveS007 & Lovey
p.s. Today 8/4 is Coast Guard day Semper Par !!
Last edited by DaveS007 on Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
nothintolose

Post by nothintolose »

Valley Doll sauce is the BEST sauce I have ever tasted. I LOVE that stuff. I wish Ruth carried it at STJ Spice cuz you have to order 6 bottles of it for her to ship it to ya'.

Like your Letterman style report.
CruzBayB

Post by CruzBayB »

Loved the top 10 List!
"By the time we hit Miami, the cell phones will ring and life as we know it will draw us back in, so tonight we will just continue to soak in the sounds, the sights, the tastes and the feelings of St. John."
Diana2

Post by Diana2 »

So tell us more about Coral Cove. My DH and I stopped there too but we weren't lucky enough to see the house open. I was a little disappointed in the few from that house. I'd like to hear your take on the house. I always find it interesting who differently each person sees a house. My husband sees different things than I do and vice versa.
toni

Post by toni »

Thanks for the top 10-I'll have to look for that bird feeder-did you buy it, and how if so how tough is it to bring back on the plane?

Looking forward to seeing who gets stuck in the kitty litter on Sunday!
DaveS007

Post by DaveS007 »

The bird feeder is a sore subject. I put it in a checked bag instead of my carry on and one of the fins broke in transit. I'll fix it but Lovey isn't too happy.

Coral Cove Villa; we did a quick walk through as we didn't want to overstay our welcome and the graciousness of the renters who allowed us to check it out. Private BR's, each with a private bath, great work by architect and very tastfully done. All concrete floors, awesome kitchen down to the Fisher/Paykel dishwasher, which if you google this you will get the drift of how they decorated. We have these dishwashers in our house and they are different. Not that a dishwasher is a big deal but you will get an idea of the kitchen, these aren't cheap and everything in the place is along these lines. Sea level views, just nice. Take a look at the web site. Gym/workout room too. ETc Etc Etc. Hard to describe with all the options out there, this one just struck us. Not sure this will help much. Still working on little sleep, we got in at 2am last night and I'm on 2.5 hours sleep at this point.
LMarie

Post by LMarie »

So, what's in the FlipFlop?! ;-)
LMarie
DaveS007

Post by DaveS007 »

I'm afraid I don't remember all the ingredients. Rum and Mango and ..... other stuff. Sorry but you know how that goes. Hic **
sea-nile

Post by sea-nile »

Thanks for the list report! It was different, which is a nice change of pace. :D