Dry snorkel vs. regular?

Travel discussion for St. John
Splasher54

Post by Splasher54 »

We have 5 Oceanmaster dry snorkels and have never had a problem with them. I have used snorkels for years and really prefer the dry snorkel. We also do alot of diving under the water and they work great. We do wash our equipment thouroughly each time we use it.
ATG

Post by ATG »

We have used the Oceanmaster dry snorkel for 10 years now (on the second one) and never ever had a problem. It works great.
ScottB

Post by ScottB »

My wife & I have been using dry snorkels for years, and have no problems at all. If the water is choppy, a dry snorkel can not be beat....period.
Tom In Mi.

Post by Tom In Mi. »

We have Oceanic dry snorkels and love them...never have had a problem. I think the trick is to rinse them with water(not saltwater)good after every use. Thats what we do, so far it's worked.
nothintolose

Post by nothintolose »

We've probably all put the gris gris on our dry snorkels for saying we have never had a problem, but I haven't had a problem either.

I have the same one CariBert uses and I agree with smilesfromMN that part of the reason I like it so much is that the slpash doesn't get in it when I am on the surface.

Worse case scenario, just drop it out of your mouth or remover your mask and breathe out of your nose :D

nothintolose