Leeward V. Mornigside

Travel discussion for St. John
Lumiere

Leeward V. Mornigside

Post by Lumiere »

Newbie to the forum, although I have been reading a ton and want to thank everyone who shares!

Would love to hear your opinions on these two please. We are a family of four; two adults, two children. We will be renting Beach Music for one of the weeks we are there, but have yet to decide which one for the other week we have.

TIA!

L.
Last edited by Lumiere on Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lumiere

Post by Lumiere »

Opps! :oops: Nevermind...seems Morningside isn't available for the dates we need it. This is a very last minute trip. But hey, if we have a bad time we will be having a bad time in one of the nicest places on Earth, right?

Sigh...I can start having fun w/the planning now :shock: ! rofl This late minute Villa browsing is not for the faint of heart.
MIke

Post by MIke »

Lumiere,

We stayed at Leeward twice back in '98.Actually we were the very first guest to stay there.It was brand new so it was in perfect shape.Knowing Carefree,I'm sure it still is.The only knock I have against it was the kitchen and great room stayed really hot.A/C is not a must for common areas for us but that house would be a perfect candidate for it.The bedrooms are big and comfortable and the master bath has a two person shower which can be fun.It would be perfect for kids as all bedrooms are in one lockable building with 2 bedrooms up and two down.Pool area is rather small but really nice.
It was our first trip to SJ so Leeward will always be special to us.You couldn't find anyone more helpful than Cindy at Carefree to deal with.
Mike
mia

Post by mia »

I read a review that concurred with Mike's comments....really nice villa, but unbearably hot.
It takes both the sun and the rain to make a beautiful rainbow. --Unknown
Lumiere

Post by Lumiere »

Thank you both for your replies. Hopefully our TX training will help a bit w/the common area temp issue. We ended up going w/Ambiance as the second choice.