Part 2

Travel discussion for St. John
Wanda Creech

Part 2

Post by Wanda Creech »

Tuesday
We wake up early on St John around 6, have coffee, and bagels. Start watching the boats go by. We are on Frances by 8:30. Only one car there. Wonderful snorkeling on both sides and around toward Maho. Saw turtles,flounder,grunts,and the largest sting ray I have ever seen. I noticed more schools of fish this year.
We did see an Iguana walk on the beach down to the water and drink. He stayed in the water for a couple of mins. Odd sight.
Wed.-Honeymoon-
we were again at the beach by 8:30 again.

No one was on the beach until 11:00. Nice.
Did a little shopping on the way back to villa.
Thursday-
Cinnamon - Saw large anglefish and large school of
tangs on the right side.
Walked the trail through the ruins across the
street again. Short and interesting.
Went to Lime Inn (our favorite) for dinner.
I love their grilled lobster.
Friday-
Waterlemon - I love the walk to Linster. The snorkel
around waterlemon was the best. There must have been 100 starfish, many turtles, large sting
rays, beautiful coral and lots of different fish I don't know the names of.
Sat.
Denis- current was too strong to snorkel around
Perkins Key. We didn't see the naked man this
time. This is usually a very calm beach.
Sun.
Jumbie- Again we get there by 8:30 and we are the
only ones all morning. Millions of Fry.
at least I think that is what the tiny fish
that swim so close together are. We could see
a large dark spot in the water from the villa
When you were swimming you could not see any-
thing but fish they were so thick. Have never
seen them that thick before.
Sunday night we went to the Beach Bar. We met Dave from San Diego,Bill from Va., RED EARS, and Ruth. It was fun meeting all of them and putting a face with a name. We had actually seen RED Ears on Denis the day before.
Mon.
Trunk- We have not been to Trunck in 10 years. It always looked so crowed and there were so many other beaches to go to . We went and loved it. It is such a beautiful beach. Snorkeling wasn't great, but OK out to the right and left. We sat all the way down by the rocks on the right.There is also a nice place all the way to the left. Everyone seems to sit near the snorkel area. There were no ships that day so it was
notto busy. There was a small wedding .
Tues.
Maho- Snorkeled the right side. Saw a 4ft. baracuda, a large sting ray,and turtles. The baracuda and the ray scared me. I kept looking behind me to see if he was following us.
Wed.
Trunk- We had planned to go back to Honeymoon and Caneel, but my husband really wanted to go back to Trunk for our last day. Again it was beautiful.

Almost every day we would leave the beach around 12. We stopped at Starfish for groceries. Mostly we got take-out from their deli.My husband loved the variety of hot food and I liked not having to cook. Then we would have lunch, ice down the beers and relax in the pool.
Not very exciting, but very relaxing. We forget what we did for a living, what could be better. That's why we keep going back. You just have to go to know how special it is.
Now I am ready to start counting down for the next trip at Sago Palms.
Beach Creecher
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

In February, we saw several iguana in the water (right at the water line) at Francis. It was fairly crowded that day and some beach goers seemed a little freaked out :)

We joked it was Wild Kingdom because we had several mongoose sightings as well as chickens running thru our "camp". Not that chickens are uncommon, they just seemed especially bold that day.
chrisn

Post by chrisn »

Sounds fun. We like the deli and hot bar at Starfish too!