cptnkirk's day 4 in paradise

Travel discussion for St. John
cptnkirk

cptnkirk's day 4 in paradise

Post by cptnkirk »

Allrighty just to prove 17th wrong I set the alarm for 4am to get this report out before July. Not really, the pup got up to go outside to potty, that little aussie has come a long way in the last month.
Well its boat day so we all are up early and Andy and I tag team the bacon and eggs and were off to the National Park dock. We take North Shore knowing it will take a little longer but I much prefer it to centerline. We get behind a lady who must have never driven on the left before or for that matter maybe had never driven before or maybe she was stoned. I don't know what it was but she was terrible she went around the corners on the right side at Cinnamon and just about hit a taxi head on those turns are totally blind, crazy stuff, after that I gave her plenty of room. Well we arrived at the dock pretty much on time, the rest of the gang was already there (17th and his wife Tam Boats and her steady Bobby) and had the back of the boat reserved for us. We went with New Horizons with Capt. Scott and 1st mate and awesome bartender Hilary. Capt. Scott gets all the paperwork done and were off to the Baths. Take some pics along the way.
Monster Mansion

Oracle mansion

Somewhere in the Caribbean
Seagulls following the boat thought this was cool that they would just follow along for no reason till I looked up front and Hillary was feeding them out of her hand.
Hillary gives us our choice of drinks and Painkillers are on the menu so I order one. Hey it's five o'clock somewhere. It's very tasty but lacking much rum. Order one more before we arrive to the Baths tasty again but little rum Hillary is pacing me as I'm sure she has seen many get trashed way to early in the trip. We arrive and hop a taxi to the Baths.
What can I say other than awesome my Honey was in Nirvana she had always wanted to see this.
SPOOKY
HAPPY CAMPERS
JUST DOWNRIGHT GORGEOUS
Ok we run threw the Baths and were out of there, my only complaint about the whole trip more time at the Baths. We will return for a longer stay sometime. Get back to the boat and Capt. Scott has painkillers waiting good and strong now that's more like it. We're off to Marina Cay for some grub. After another Painkiller we arrive at our next adventure. Scott had called in our orders before we arrived and the food was ready. I ordered a Jerk Cheeseburger and it was awesome (Ham pineapple jerk seasoning) Teresa had a Painkiller that would knock your socks off she made me finish it and I obliged of course. Don't remember what every one else had but they seemed happy with there meals.

LOVE THE RED AND BLUE Image
COOL SAILBOAT
LETS EAT
AGAIN LOVE THE RED

WERE OUTTA HERE
Off too another adventure just a short skip over to Guana Island for some snorklin(believe it was Diamond Reef if I remember right) Pretty darn good snorkeling lots of fish and beautiful coral.
Well back on the boat and were outta there. Time to Party Hardy as were off on the last leg of the trip and it's time to let loose and head for White Bay. Now the drinks start really flowin Painkillers in one hand beer in the other. Andy and I are on a mission and Hillary is more than happy to oblige (what a great little bartender she was and super nice to boot) we arrive at White Bay and head for the Soggy Dollar. Walk up to the ring game and watch a girl get it on her first try think she may have practiced a few times before on a previous trip or she was awfully lucky. I gave it a try and could hardly hit the backboard (We'll just blame it on the booze yea that works) I believe 17th got it after a few tries but I can't be sure I remember he had at least got close I really sucked at it. Enjoyed the beach for a couple hours it really is a beautiful beach but I still prefer the solitude of the beaches of St. John. It was great for people watching. 17th what the heck do ya think was up with Ballerina girl that was odd wasn't it. Heres some pics
Image Image
Image Image

Great time had by all I believe by the look on everyone's faces were all feelin pretty darn good about our little boat trip as we head home. Hillary keeps the drinks flowin all the way back and we even get shrimp cocktail YUMM!!! We disembark and go threw customs and the customs agent ask if we have anything to claim and I say just this cute chick with me I picked up in the BVI'S an he just gave me a big laugh. Well we say our goodbyes and we head home. Take a little nap before going to our dinner at Shipwreck.
Food was good I had the Mahi. I was so tired from the boating trip I really just wanted to eat and get home and hit the sack. Everyone was pleased with there food . Headed home and petted some donkeys on Centerline in the dark, I love those guys. Called it a day as soon as we got home about nine. Another great day in PARADISE!
17th Hole

Post by 17th Hole »

Well done, sir! Is it July already? I thought maybe you were going to space out your trip reports to last until you embark on your next trip!

I agree with you about the Baths. Next time you go, find a boat that'll take you there for the whole day. It really is worth it to spend alot of time there. Thanks again for a little trip down Memory Lane.

Looking forward to Day 5! :D
A mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open.

liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

We did that same NHII trip a couple of years ago. I agree that the snorkeling at Guana Island was great. I would have been happy to spend the rest of the afternoon there!

Thanks for taking us along on your travels.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
beverly

Post by beverly »

Loved your trip report..did you swim in at the Baths?
sea-nile

Post by sea-nile »

Great report! Beautiful pictures.
Nancy_B

Post by Nancy_B »

Loving your reports with pictures! I wish: 1) I knew how to do that and 2) I actually took pictures :) My husband did and they will be on snapfish soon...I'll send a link when they are.

It's 12 o'clock somewhere and you have me craving a Painkiller! Is it the weekend yet?
NancyB
theshopper3

Post by theshopper3 »

Great reports Cptnkirk.

Guess I best get working on mine, before the next trip comes along.

The Shopper
Pianogrl

Post by Pianogrl »

Great report! & pics! That was our trip with NH also....so fun!
cptnkirk

Post by cptnkirk »

Bumped this up as it may have gotten missed as it went second page or maybe I just repulsed people with my tripod pic :lol: :lol: :lol:
pjayer

Post by pjayer »

Love the sailboat and underwater pics. Sounds like a perfect day. Thanks!

(And, I did miss this. The forum's so busy, I'm having a hard time keeping up with it all. )
When the end of the world comes, I want to be in Kentucky, because everything there happens 20 years after it happens anywhere else. – Mark Twain
mrsb

Post by mrsb »

Nice pictures, very beautiful! I see your ticker-lucky :D
When will I see St John again?
sherban

Post by sherban »

Captain- Fun report and pictures...thanks for taking the time to share with the forum.

Hey, that pic of the Oracle mansion caught my eye (I love unique architecture)....that is on Tortola right? Why is it called Oracle mansion?

Thanks
stampede chuck

Post by stampede chuck »

sherban wrote:Hey, that pic of the Oracle mansion caught my eye (I love unique architecture)....that is on Tortola right? Why is it called Oracle mansion?
Does it belong to Larry Ellison, founder of Oracle Corporation?
Collin
"Packin' up the bathing suits, gettin' out the cowboy boots. That's a sign we must be going home"
sherban

Post by sherban »

Ah-ha- Looks like this might be for sale....
http://www.christiesgreatestates.com/pr ... iew_59565/

It's referred to asa single family residence....haha
linne

Post by linne »

Great report and I enjoy to see your pictures and thinking back to the trip we had last year (allthough we liked the one we had to Buck Island better concerning the snorkeling.)

Linne