Ferry company info

Travel discussion for St. John
amurphy08

Ferry company info

Post by amurphy08 »

Does anyone know who runs the CA ferry to STJ right now transportation services or varlack?

The reason I ask is I want to call when we arrive to let them know we are trying to make the 4p.m. ferry to STJ. We get in at 3:15 and are NOT checking luggage. I have made if before so I am hoping we can make it this time. I do not like driving to RH.

THanks!
Pia

Post by Pia »

I honestly don't think it will make any difference to them if you call or not - they will leave when they like :)

There is only the TSA Security person at the bench where you depart from and there is no business phone - he has his cell phone that he is always on :) - but no "land line"

Sorry I couldn't help anymore and with the unusual rough water we are having now, I think they are all running but you never know.

As long as you are in a "moving" cab by 3:40pm (at the latest) you should be fine - but as you know they will wait to fill up before they depart and you may have to stop at the Tortola Ferry Terminal as well (seems like this happens to me every time I return home :lol: )

Pia
amurphy08

Post by amurphy08 »

Ok, thanks for the info. When I go the BVI's , I can call Smith's and they will hold the ferry if you are on the way... I love it.. Done it many times.
b-as-u-r

Post by b-as-u-r »

I think you'll be fine. Last week the 1:00 p.m. ferry from CA didn't actually pull out until around 1:10. I agree, I'm not a fan of that taxi ride to RH either. (Pia, me too, always seem to have to make a stop at the Tortola Ferry Terminial). Ali~
STJ - I "get it"