Time again for What does your forum name mean?

Travel discussion for St. John
lisa mcg

Post by lisa mcg »

Mine is not so creative either

Lisa is my first name and my last name is McGillivray...McG is much easier! I might change it to LBMcG which sounds kinda cool!
all you have to do is smile, smile, smile
sea-nile

Post by sea-nile »

I can't remember...
It must be because I am getting senile. :lol: :lol:

Actully, my family thought of it because they were sick of hearing me talk about coral reefs, the ocean, the sea, islands, the caribbean, the FL keys, snorkleling, scuba diving, STJ, etc. and decided the name fit. :roll:
shoemak38

Post by shoemak38 »

well our last name is shoemaker and guess my age with my first aol account :P
soxfan22

Post by soxfan22 »

I am relatively new to the forum as an active poster, but have been a lurker for quite some time. So, hello to everyone...

I chose "soxfan22" as my forum name because I am a lifelong Red Sox fan (all 31 years), and 22 was my baseball number in college.

Incidently, my wife, son, cousin, and I are headed back to STJ in July...Can't wait! It will be our 5th trip to STJ in the last 5 years.
pipergal

Post by pipergal »

My hubby teaches the bagpipe for a living and I am his gal :)
Pipergal
b-as-u-r

Post by b-as-u-r »

I'm a KC fan and this album is my all-time favorite. Mostly, I think everyone should just BE AS YOU ARE; nothing more, nothing less, you are who you are. :wink: Ali~
STJ - I "get it"
theoverman

Post by theoverman »

the overman is a supreme being in the church of the sub-genius who has one sole earthly quest...slack.

(relax, it's a religious parody i found hilarious in the 80's and still do)

as a true overman i've spent 25 years in the pursuit of 'slack' ...which has brought me to st. john over and over...kinda like a slack mecca...

the overbabe and me will be there next saturday!...look for signs in the sand.

ps: you guys may have boring names but your collective knowledge and community is great. thanks.
Lex

Post by Lex »

Lex?

In computer science, lex is a program that generates lexical analyzers ("scanners" or "lexers"). Lex is commonly used with the yacc parser generator. Lex, originally written by Eric Schmidt and Mike Lesk, is the standard lexical analyzer generator on many Unix systems, and a tool exhibiting its behavior is specified as part of the POSIX standard.
Lex reads an input stream specifying the lexical analyzer and outputs source code implementing the lexer in the C programming language.
Though traditionally proprietary software, versions of Lex based on the original AT&T code are available as open source, as part of systems such as OpenSolaris and Plan 9 from Bell Labs. Another popular open source version of Lex is Flex, the "fast lexical analyzer".

But a lot of you probably knew that.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
chicagoans

Post by chicagoans »

Well I am so boring, and not even accurate since I live in the suburbs now, not the city any more. (If there was a snoring icon, I'd use it here.)

I picked the name when I signed up at the "other" forum, before I knew about this one. I honestly thought I'd post once or twice with a question or two and that would be it. Now I've been sucked into the forum vortex but am stuck with my unoriginal moniker.
CruzBayB

Post by CruzBayB »

Mine is pretty easy to understand... but people read it different ways.

My last name starts with a B so it can be Cruz Bay B

Or the way most people see it: Cruz BayB (Baby).

Either way I guess it's a play on words but it makes the point that I love STJ and that is the most important thing! 8)
"By the time we hit Miami, the cell phones will ring and life as we know it will draw us back in, so tonight we will just continue to soak in the sounds, the sights, the tastes and the feelings of St. John."
Ondine

Post by Ondine »

Ondine is a water spirit, the mythology you can read on wikipedia as it is a rather interesting story. It wasn't so much the story, as I wanted something that associated with water when I named my computer, and now I'm finding that I use it in places like this, too. The water restores my spirit, so this feels very fitting. Though this doesn't sound as interesting as those using their own names who can't remember the meaning :wink:
kijoto

Post by kijoto »

My screen name came from a combination of my family's names....

Ki - from Kirsten, our daughter

jo - from Jodi (myself)

to - from Tom, my husband

Ps- Glad to see you are posting again Jorge!! We missed you!! :D Please don't go into lurkdom again!! :(
Pianogrl

Post by Pianogrl »

I play piano & also teach piano.
onislandtime

Post by onislandtime »

Mine,
"onislandtime"....a constant state of mind :D [/b]