NIght Sounds CD

Travel discussion for St. John
California Girl

NIght Sounds CD

Post by California Girl »

Someone mentioned on the forum a while back that they have a CD of the night sounds on St. John. I'd love to have one, but I don't have a clue where to get it! Does anyone out there know? The critters put me to sleep every night with their chirping and singing when we were staying on Ajax Peak and I'd love to hear those sounds again.
Puddlejumper

Post by Puddlejumper »

You are desperate aren't you? LOL. I could make a recording of outside and send it to you. Sorry I can't help you find the one you want. Funny how I haven't noticed the sound lately until I read your post. There is a sweet 'buzz' in the air tonight.

A side note. I saw a huge iguana in a tree off the deck last night. I could only see his head, that was huge. It must have been 15 feet up off the ground out as far as he could get on the tree limb, sticking his head out catching the last of the sun for the day. Sorry no pics. Camera battery was dead.

BTW, keep the So. Cal. pics coming on the off topic threads.!
California Girl

Hey Puddlejumper... I think desperate is an apt word :P Really, those critters would sing me to sleep, and then when I'd wake up early early in the morning I could hear them each stop, one by one as the sun came up, until it was silent. Such a cool thing! Maybe one of my favorite things about St. John :D

Glad you're enjoying my So. Cal pix. I'll post more. I'm trying to get one I took on my way home from work yesterday looking good enough to post. The sun was in the wrong place...I'll have to try taking it again in the morning hours.
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Post by Marcia (Mrs. Pete) »

I so need that sound too. And, I recall someone posting about taping the tree frog sounds a while ago. Put me second in line to have a recording of this nature's music....
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Missing St. John. As always.
California Girl

Head's up Puddlejumper! Here's a business opportunity for you! :lol:
Marianne

Post by Marianne »

Hi California Girl,

I think this might be what you are looking for.

http://www.vinow.com/general_usvi/artic ... sounds.php
California Girl

Marianne - That's it! Awesome! Thank you, I'm going to order it right now!
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

I have that CD! I forgot that I owned it. I actually bought it for the screensaver that came with it--I used to have it loaded on my old computer. Now I'm going to have to go drag it out of the archives.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
lazylane

Post by lazylane »

Don't you just love the tree frogs at night? A couple years ago I purchased (at Zen and Now on STJ) a wooden tree frog with a wooden "stick" that you scratch along his back to make a tree frog sound! Sits on my desk so I can get that STJ sound anytime!!! Thanks for the link to the CD, how cool! Love that part of the proceeds go to the National Park.
California Girl

I just read this on the CD page:

Interesting Note about Why Tree Frogs Sing:
The male tree frogs sing to attract females. They only sing when they feel that the environmental conditions would support eggs and allow the eggs to stay moist. Very few will sing when it is dry out; but they will sing in large numbers after a rain, particularly after a series of showers.

When we were there last May, there had been a LOT of rain and it rained a little every day. That most likely contributed to the excellent tree frog symphony I heard every night!
Agent99

Post by Agent99 »

Oh, I love those peepers! What a great idea for planning a surprise trip for someone. You could make a West Indian dinner and have tropical flowers and the cd of peepers playing then...."Guess where we are going??"
Kentuckygirl

Post by Kentuckygirl »

This is great! I'm going to order one too. Thanks!

Last bumped by Anonymous on Mon Jul 03, 2023 11:03 pm.
Image[/url]