St. Thomas Wedding

Travel discussion for St. John
bchbum82

St. Thomas Wedding

Post by bchbum82 »

Getting married in September on St. Thomas :D . A couple questions...

1. Is it better to stay at a resort and have the resort do the wedding??

or

2. Is it better to rent a villa or a resort w/o wedding services and use a wedding service on the island?

Which St. Thomas resort is better and reasonable for weddings? Which wedding service is reasonable and better?
RJ in Wisconsin

Post by RJ in Wisconsin »

Okay, this was wayyyyyy back in 1994, but we got married at the Elysian Beach Resort & it was fantastic and easy. It was just the two of us, but if you had a bunch of people coming down, they had great facilities for that. Their wedding planner at the time was wonderful. She kept saying that I was the easiest bride she'd ever worked with cause I let her do her job. That's exactly why we did a get-away wedding - I didn't want to do all of that stressful & expensive wedding planning. We had a big informal outdoor gathering a few months later back home that was our reception for friends and family & that worked out great too.
The Elysian took care of everything - husband's tux, flowers, cake, video, pictures, minister, champagne - it was simple and elegant. It only cost $650.00!!! (Which included tons of photos & the video). Our pictures were fabulous because of the beautiful views everywhere - the grounds at The Elysian are very nice.
So, anyway, that was our experience. I wouldn't change a thing.
Best of luck!
My dream is to live on St. John & vacation in Wisconsin(only in Summertime)!
engarom

Congratulations!

Post by engarom »

Me and my wife were married last year on St Thomas. We wanted to get away and have a simple wedding for us only! 8) With the money we saved we bought a nice lot in Smith Bay! :D
Either way you go, resort or not, it will be easy. We decided to stay at Bluebeards castle because it was cheap and you get to use Elysian or Bluebeards Beach (Limetree) for free. :) With so much to do and see on St Thomas and St John it just didnt make sense to pay for a resort and then spend all day doing other stuff.
We used islandweddingservices.com and everything was perfect. The photographer was great, we got to look at the pictures immediatly and retake ones we didnt like.
The minister was experienced and had lived on the island 15 years so was very informative. It did rain for about 30min before but, its da islands mon! da sun soon come. :lol:
Total price for Minister, photographer and Champagne, $480.00!
Just make sure you do all your paperwork for the courts as early as possible, remember its da islands mon! :roll: Good Luck!